cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You can't fix stupid

usmohls2
Explorer
Explorer
Had to take a road trip by car last week. A Prevost MH towing a 7 series BMW 4 down passed me like I was parked. I sped up just to see how fast He was going. Twenty seven MPH over the speed limit! That right,102 miles per hour! If the driver of the Prevost reads this post, I want to give you two thumbs down!!!
87 REPLIES 87

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Big deal. It was just Dale Jr trying to get to a race on time. :S
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
AprilWhine wrote:
usmohls2@yahoo.com wrote:
Had to take a road trip by car last week. A Prevost MH towing a 7 series BMW 4 down passed me like I was parked. I sped up just to see how fast He was going. Twenty seven MPH over the speed limit! That right,102 miles per hour! If the driver of the Prevost reads this post, I want to give you two thumbs down!!!

Troll post and you guys are feeding him till he's nice and fat. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. There is no base plate made for a BMW 7 series, only the 3 series and the Mini Cooper can be flat towed.

2. As a Prevost owner and driver, I know they are geared to be over-the-road busses. I have a Detroit Series 60 engine, 475 hp and 1400 ft/lbs of torque. I have plenty of power but with the gearing, I'm at redline near 80 mph.

So basically, the OP started a Prevost envy thread and you guys all fell for it. LOL :B

With the same drivetrain (DD60/B600), an MCI coach will do 90 without breathing hard. (IIRC, the B600 is double-OD.) No idea of the RPM's, the tach in that bus didn't work.

And my boss had the ticket to prove it! (Ooooooooooops...)
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
darsben wrote:
Why should his speed bother you.
Were you going the speed you wanted?
Did he do something dangerous to you?
Ease up enjoy your trip do not let what others do affect you enjoyment.
Life is to short.

He certainly did...offhand, he was certainly exceeding the speed rating of his tires, possibly by a lot! (I have NEVER seen a 22.5" truck/bus tire rated for more than 87MPH and most are lower than that!)

The driver of the Prevost should be locked up for reckless driving. The fine should be at least $1,000,000, plus lifetime revocation of his license, plus at least a year in prison.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Why should his speed bother you.
Were you going the speed you wanted?
Did he do something dangerous to you?
Ease up enjoy your trip do not let what others do affect you enjoyment.
Life is to short.

Amen!
Paul & Margie

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Like the title of this thread...you can't fix stupid...
Speeding up to pace a speeder and call the constabulary is only compounding the issue.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
rickeoni wrote:
Desert Captain wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
FWIW, I rarely talk while I`m driving. but when I do the call comes second to driving and paying attention to the road. I`ve never cut anyone off, veered across the road or ran over a motorcycle! Those that say it can`t be done, obviously can`t do it! I`ve seen people in a car that can`t even drive and change the radio or heater/AC. I`m not worried about me, but the idiots around me, and there are a lot of them!

And comparing talking on a cell phone to DUI, is ridiculous and just another reason that supports my statement above!

Sadly you could not be more wrong. Study after study has demonstrated that someone using a cell phone typically has the same motor skills as an intoxicated driver who is twice the legal limit (.16) and texting is far more dangerous than a phone call.

There is no way your first paragraph can be accurate as well. If you are on the phone how do you know you have never cut someone off? I have had lots of distracted drivers violate my right of way and drive on blissfully unaware or simply not caring.

The saddest part of your post is the attitude that I can do it, its the others that are the problem. Distracted driving is against the law, period! But then those pesky laws are just for other people.... right?

:S

So very correct, it was that type of logic that the "professional" driver had who drove into my daughter while she was stopped at a red light.
OK - so now were talking about unsafe driving earlier in the thread where posters advise to call the police. Now at the bottom of the same thread, we are now talking about distracted driving while using the cell phone!

Thanks for proving my point. This whole thread should be deleted due to the fact that it contradicts itself.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Captain wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
FWIW, I rarely talk while I`m driving. but when I do the call comes second to driving and paying attention to the road. I`ve never cut anyone off, veered across the road or ran over a motorcycle! Those that say it can`t be done, obviously can`t do it! I`ve seen people in a car that can`t even drive and change the radio or heater/AC. I`m not worried about me, but the idiots around me, and there are a lot of them!

And comparing talking on a cell phone to DUI, is ridiculous and just another reason that supports my statement above!

Sadly you could not be more wrong. Study after study has demonstrated that someone using a cell phone typically has the same motor skills as an intoxicated driver who is twice the legal limit (.16) and texting is far more dangerous than a phone call.

There is no way your first paragraph can be accurate as well. If you are on the phone how do you know you have never cut someone off? I have had lots of distracted drivers violate my right of way and drive on blissfully unaware or simply not caring.

The saddest part of your post is the attitude that I can do it, its the others that are the problem. Distracted driving is against the law, period! But then those pesky laws are just for other people.... right?

So very correct, it was that type of logic that the "professional" driver had who drove into my daughter while she was stopped at a red light.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
dodge guy wrote:

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Its pretty interesting that on the same forum, people will tell you on one thread to make calls to report an activity while driving, and then on another thread rail against distracted driving due to cell phone use. Both types of threads on here have been titled as "You Can't Fix Stupid"

Some posters are only looking for conflict. Whichever position allows them to feel superior and call someone else an idiot is the position they will take.

Some try to help. These folks are easy to spot and are appreciated.

Others seek verbal sparring. These folks sometime bring up talking points, but if the thread goes on too long, will inevitably resort to sniping other posters- sometimes across different threads. They are here to play and often couldn't care less about the topic at hand.

Not intending to sound like a lecture or anything. Simply pointing out that people often have not just different opinions, but different goals.

Besides, I've called in accidents and such while driving, but I've also been behind the girl who shouldn't be allowed to touch a set of keys, let alone a cellphone while driving ๐Ÿ˜‰

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Its pretty interesting that on the same forum, people will tell you on one thread to make calls to report an activity while driving, and then on another thread rail against distracted driving due to cell phone use. Both types of threads on here have been titled as "You Can't Fix Stupid"
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Beebo wrote:
Dave H M wrote:

So basically, the OP started a Prevost envy thread and you guys all fell for it. LOL :B

He hasn't posted since the first, but I'm sure he is still here....

Troll post or not, he opened a valuable area for discussion.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:

He hasn't posted since the first, but I'm sure he is still here....
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno. Wife says she is going to get the Vet to fix me someday.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
When I answered 9-1-1 We had a caller telling us about the apparently drunk driver weaving all over the road in front of him... Troopers caught up.. The driver he was calling about was weaving about kind of like an arrow in flight (Straight down the center of his lane) The caller however (We did notice his voice was a bit..er.. slured) You guessed it, Intoxicated.

Another story: A couple pulled into one post parking lot, Parked in the NO PARKING part of the lot got out and were arguing about how drunk the driver was.. She insisted he was too drunk to drive and she should be driving.

She was half right.. HE WAS too drunk to drive.. So we provided him with a nice Blue taxi to take him to where he spent the night.

She was too drunk as well.. but she got a checker cab

The car went to impound.

Boy, sometimes maybe. It is also possible that the police would have let the second person get behind the wheel and then instantly have given her a DWI too. Depends on the PO, the county, if they knew the people involved, and a lot of other factors.

In my youth I got into a couple of difficult decisions. Like: do I ride with this drunk just to get home when he can't even walk? Or, do I take the chance on a DWI myself because I can drive but, maybe not legally? It's not always a easy decision. No public transportation around here. You can easily find yourself in the middle of nowhere with no way home. That's just fine in the summer. I've walked many miles to be safe. When it's 20 below you can get yourself backed into a corner real quick. Cell phones these day help a lot!!!!

There are some advantages to being old but, not many. I would trade them to be young again.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.