cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you've ever returned from a weekend at the CG towing your trailer with a different(new) TV than you pulled it there with. (Guilty as charged.)

These are great folks, hope ya'll are enjoying them as much as we are!

tex315
Explorer
Explorer
if......... you spend 14 hours trying to set up your satellite dish!!
Gig'em

2000 Ford PSD
2005 Pilgrim 266RL-SS

4gone
Explorer
Explorer
If... You put the new linens in the MH and use the old ones in the house.
If.... Towable 4 down is the only criteria when buying a new car.
If.... Your first date was to the RV show.
If... You spend at least one day on your vacation at an RV dealer.
If.... Your 3 year old daughter knows the name of every dealer you pass within a 100 mile radius of home.
If.... You can wash all of the dishes from a meal in a cup and a half of water.
2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G
2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Even Brake
Firestone air bags
Blue Ox Alladin tow bar
Hankook Tires

FOREVER_FREE
Explorer
Explorer
Late Models wrote:
FOREVER FREE wrote:
Your RV is parked beside the house hooked up to electric and DW finds you sitting in it, leaned back in the recliner listening to the stereo, drinking a beer and dozing off. :B

Guilty as charged.Often to.I keep my DVDs of races in there.A couple times a week I go watch a dirt track race and have a nip or three.Wife talks poo about it to.Ive came up with some of my greatest modifacations doing this.Like the magnet I found with the hole in it.Skrewed it to the cabinet inside the door.Slap the keys to it and they stick.
Whats bad is when the DVD player is broke in the bedroom for two months but i refuse to take the one out of the camper.Wont let the wife take the TP from the camper for the house either.IT'S MINE,ALL MINE HA HA HA ha ha ha!

This to me is the only way to come up with with those great ideas for all the mods to the 5vr. It took several sittings before I could make the final decision as to which side of the entertainment center the wine cooler should be placed. Important decisions such as this take time. :W
"BIG BOB" & DIANE:
Sarah (Greyhound), Cooper & Cocoa (Italian Greyhounds) 2005 Prowler Regal AX6 365BSQS
2005 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4, DRW, 8'bed, 6.0 P/S Diesel,
Veterans, the reason we will always be "FOREVER FREE".
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

Community Alumni
Not applicable
You actually enjoy taking the trash for a walk to 'The Bin' and call it 'hiking'.

Tarponteaser
Explorer
Explorer
If... the parts/service manager at the dealer recognizes your voice on the phone.
2006 Centennial 3606
2008 F-250 4X4 PSD King Ranch Crew Cab

we_rv
Explorer
Explorer
You study all the license plates on other RV's as you go down the road to see who else "lives" in South Dakota! ๐Ÿ™‚

smurf
Explorer
Explorer
IF-- You wash the RV more then you take a bath
Go to Camping World and miss the birth of your Grandchild
Going to a 55+ park and hanging out at the pool takes on a
whole new meaning;)
2004 GMC HD 4x4 Douramax with Allison transmission loaded.
20005 36ft. Everest W/ 4 slides loaded.
Full timing and having fun
No matter where you go there you are

Papa Smurf driver
Mama Smurf Professional Passenger

Burro
Explorer
Explorer
We went to the factory to watch ours being built. They let us take lots of pictures, so now we have an album of "Baby Pictures". DH will whip them out on some poor unsuspecting victim in a heartbeat too!

daveandviv
Explorer
Explorer
You know the location of every dump station within 50 miles of home.
2016 GMC Denali 3500 D/A
2017 Jayco Eagle FW 321RSTS

2_Dreamweavers
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
grannyapple3 wrote:
turninghawk wrote:
.......you spend $276,953 on a new RV, but stay at a Wal-Mart because you think $33 a night is too much for a campground!!

Oh My God ROFLMAO!!!!

OK, I'm not an RVer if I don't know what ROFLMAO means.

Now I Don't care who you are,that right there is funnnnnywhen you don't know that!!!
2003 DODGE 3500 QUAD CAB SLT 5.9 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL
2001 Carriage Cameo LXI F34CK3 5th wheel
~~~ FRIENDLY FULLTIMER ~~~
Good Sam Club Life member
Full Time Graduating Class of '05

spitfirepete
Explorer
Explorer
If your surround sound system is not in your house

If you reach for the exhaust brake switch when driving your car down a steep hill

If you have slideout scars on your forehead
Peter and Linda
2011 Tiffin Phaeton
2007 Saturn Vue toad
Bichon and Cocker (spoiled puppies)

threedogtrip
Explorer
Explorer
klenger wrote:

You check rv.net before you go to the bathroom when you wake up.

You a youngster there fella?

Richard
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
--- Philip K. Dick

1999 Gulfstream Sunvoyager
(Our Gulfstream Home Site)
2006 Jeep Wranger
Doberlady
German Shedder Dog
Rescued Gentleman (In Spirit)

Late_Models
Explorer
Explorer
FOREVER FREE wrote:
Your RV is parked beside the house hooked up to electric and DW finds you sitting in it, leaned back in the recliner listening to the stereo, drinking a beer and dozing off. :B

Guilty as charged.Often to.I keep my DVDs of races in there.A couple times a week I go watch a dirt track race and have a nip or three.Wife talks poo about it to.Ive came up with some of my greatest modifacations doing this.Like the magnet I found with the hole in it.Skrewed it to the cabinet inside the door.Slap the keys to it and they stick.
Whats bad is when the DVD player is broke in the bedroom for two months but i refuse to take the one out of the camper.Wont let the wife take the TP from the camper for the house either.IT'S MINE,ALL MINE HA HA HA ha ha ha!

admiral64
Explorer
Explorer
You can cook an entire meal over a campfire.:B
Dave, Wendy, Ben and Allison:)
06 Jayco Jay Flight 29BHS
10 Ford F-250 - Tow Package
6.4L PowerStroke Diesel
Reese Dual Cam hitch