cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

10tca01
Explorer
Explorer
If...
You climb through the garage window just to look at the camper from a different perspective to see if that spot is still dirty!

Dale_s_Jayco
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RVer if you own 3 toasters and they are all in the Rv, and none in the house. DW is downsizing.....

Dale
Dale's Jayco
2007 38RLQS Jayco Designer Fiver
05 Ford 350 Dually SuperCab

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If this is your guest bedroom

Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

The_Queen_B
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if you can tell what the floorplan on another RV is without actually going inside.

You might be an RV'er if you re-typed all these comments and made copies to give to your fellow Rv'er friends.

adondo
Explorer
Explorer
...if you use a DVR to record the program: ''Extreme Home Makeover'' mainly so you can play it back later to freeze the video frames so you can see what company did the conversion on the Prevost bus shell of the motorcoach that the design team rides around in.

How's that for a long sentence? :B :B :B

P.S. They use a different coach for every show.
FMCA# F355513. 40 foot Safari Continental, one slide, Cat powered Magnum Blue Max chassis, PAC brake PRXB, Allison MD3060, Aqua-Hot, 7.5 KW Quiet Diesel, Howard PCS, Velvet Ride suspension. 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you pride yourself on firmly securing your wife's new stemware rack to the bottom of the kitchen cabinet, only to discover on your next outing that you have also firmly secured her favorite cutting board to the INSIDE of the cabinet!

Guilty. It cost me the price of a new cutting board, but I'll guarantee that stemware rack isn't going anywhere.

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
. . . while watching the overhead shots of a Nascar race on t.v., you're checking out the RVs in the infield.

YES!! And you're wishing they'd hold that shot a little longer!!

Barbara

SGTJOE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can't get off this forum to go get the yard ready for warm weather.
2001 Trade Winds 7390
Toad 03 Grand Am

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
After such a long thread, not sure if this one was covered

If ANY ONE (or more) of the scenes from "RV" have happened to you............. You might be one !!

If you are putting up a new fence, and your helper asks you to "Check the post", and you run in and check RV NET, you might be one .
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

joanne0012
Explorer
Explorer
mintaka wrote:
...you try to figure out how you left for the trip with a full 100 gallon water tank and empty 50 gallon black and grey tanks..in a few days the black and grey are full and you still have 30 gallons of water.....

You haven't allowed for the "Beer Factor." Not all of the fluids in the black and gray tanks originated in the freshwater tank!
Joanne

mintaka
Explorer
Explorer
IF:

ice cubes have a far greater use than making drinks cold...

you try to figure out how you left for the trip with a full 100 gallon water tank and empty 50 gallon black and grey tanks..in a few days the black and grey are full and you still have 30 gallons of water...and it drives ya nuts!!!

the scariest thing you can think of is opening your black tank valve and nothing flows..and you ask the guy behind you to borrow a flashlight and his yard stick...

the second scariest is being parked overnight in a downtown detroit walmart and hearing a sound..any sound..

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . while watching the overhead shots of a Nascar race on t.v., you're checking out the RVs in the infield.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
akgent wrote:
The color of your jump suit matches your DW's hair color.

:B I'm sorry, but the visual I got from that made beer shoot out my nose!

Too funny, yet a little scary at the same time.

akgent
Explorer
Explorer
The color of your jump suit matches your DW's hair color.

larrygranny1
Explorer
Explorer
happened last night.....

you might be a rv'er if you have to go to the TT to get a bandaid because there is none in the house
2011 F250, 6.7l, 2011 Keystone 28ft w/slide
RVN Vet 66-67, 68-71