cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

BRDof3
Explorer
Explorer
You tell your wife that you read thru 90+ pages of gadgets, gizmos, etc on RV.net and got some great ideas for the trailer, and she gives you the roll of her eyes and a "Oh, no" expression! ๐Ÿ™‚
Rob, Denise, 3 kids, and 2 dogs
2007 Jay Flight 26 JTX

donee
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
Oh yeah, here's another. . .

if you drink your first cup of coffee every morning sitting in front of the computer checking out RV.Net.

Keep 'em comin'!

GUILTY as charged:B

If your DW or DH finds you sitting in front of the computer and asks "Whatchadoin?" and your response is " shopping" and your on a rv supply website.

You have at least six online RV parts and campground sites in your favorites.
donnie (K7UTA) & Linda
1 rescued furrykid "Buddy"
2016 Fleetwood SouthWind 32VS
14 Jeep Cherokee
K7UTA

BRDof3
Explorer
Explorer
You live in the upper Midwest, your DW starts talking about going 3 hours down the road to spend Christmas at her brother's farmhouse, and you start thinking "If there's not too much snow on the ground, we can tow the TT and park it in the backyard..." And somehow that sounds perfectly logical rather than sleeping in a warm house with functional plumbing.

Note, that was one thought I never even bothered voicing!
Rob, Denise, 3 kids, and 2 dogs
2007 Jay Flight 26 JTX

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
You watch the "Christmas Vacation" scene when Cousin Eddy is dumping his holding tanks into the sewage and you think to yourself, "That stuff is coming out of there pretty fast. He HAS to have a macerator pump!" It gets me every time.
2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
:B

You're ECSTATIC that diesel is DOWN to $3 a gallon. :E

Southwind85
Explorer
Explorer
...if visiting family they offer you a comfortable bed in an air conditioned house and you politely decline and go sleep in the RV outside without AC (low fuel and their 15A breakers keep tripping if you turn it on) in the Texas summer because the house is just so wrong.

...if you are offered a house with no upkeep or payments or other people and turn it down because you'd rather stay in your RV in the winter in Colorado.

You're definitely a fulltimer if both of the above situations make perfect sense to you.
The Good Life

Missy120
Explorer
Explorer
srkfb1 wrote:
you might be an RV'er.... if you know the people at your favorite campground better than you neighbors at home

LOL - that is me!

whymelord
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if... you can't stand the smoke from your neighbour's BBQ blowing into your house, but you don't care if the smoke from your 5 CG neighbours' campfires blow into the TT.

Hornet28BHDS
Explorer
Explorer
Okie in Wyoming wrote:
If you see another TT on the road and can recite the floorplan - "Oh that one has a rear kitchen with queen bed in the front"..."that one is a bunkhouse with a side bathroom"....etc.
And you are usually right!

Happy Trails, Okie

That's me!
2006 Hornet 28BHDS-Bunk House, Dual Slides

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
5.7L Hemi, Factory Towing Package
Reese Brake Controller, WD Hitch and Sway Bar

Life is short, why not spend it in an RV!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you know what a "johnny chock" is, and can say it without laughing.

srkfb1
Explorer
Explorer
you might be an RV'er.... if you know the people at your favorite campground better than you neighbors at home
2009 Durango 355 BH
2007 Chevy Duramax Diesel
2005 Trailblazer-DW
2002 Grand Cherokee LTD
2003 Grandson Anthony
2006 Minature Schnauser-Dee Oh Gee
2008 Pickles Heinz 57
2009 Rusty Parsons Russell Terrier

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
If you see another TT on the road and can recite the floorplan - "Oh that one has a rear kitchen with queen bed in the front"..."that one is a bunkhouse with a side bathroom"....etc.
And you are usually right!

Happy Trails, Okie
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

roman_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
You see a RV 3 miles ahead of you on the interstate and you speed up to 80 so you can see it up close.

You get back home and your wife asks you to shave after the fifth day.

You pass an RV on the road and in 5 seconds you determine the length of the rig and the tow rating of the tv.

You read 35 pages of a forum when you should be working.

RT

seattlefirervr
Explorer
Explorer
If prior to check out of your campsite, you re-aquaint yourself with the corn-on-the-cob you had four days ago.

"I hope some of you use the clear pipe sectional when dumping tanks...maybe you'll get it.
2006 31' Wildcat QBH,Yamaha 3000EFi Generator

2000 Ford F250 Lariat PSD CC,SB,4WD,AT. aFe Megacannon Airfilter,4" Diamond I exhaust,Custom"Evergreen Diesel"chip,Autometer pillar gauges,BD Torque Converter,ATS Turbo Housing,Wicked Wheel,BD Exhaust Brake,

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . for your birthday your kids get you a gift card to THIS!