cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

giblet2u2
Explorer
Explorer
If, no matter where you drive, you always looking to make sure you could bring your rig on that same road.
05 Durango, Yeah it has a Hemi
08 KZ Spree 276RKS
12/31/2014...Welcome to Fulltiming!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you've ever patched an old sneaker with Dicor.

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RV'er if: you are out with friends and the discussion turns out to which restaurant to eat....and Burger King and McDonalds and Carl's Jr's come up as restaurant ideas.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

giblet2u2
Explorer
Explorer
Lord..15 pages of ROTFLOL! Thanks guys! Funniest stuff I've read in a while. Can't wait to get to the end, but 6 comes early in the morning... ๐Ÿ™‚
05 Durango, Yeah it has a Hemi
08 KZ Spree 276RKS
12/31/2014...Welcome to Fulltiming!

nestlet
Explorer
Explorer
...you know what Eternabond is and just where you need to use it on your rig..
2005 Chevrolet 2500HD CCSB 6.6l TD
PCV Reroute, resonator blocked ๐Ÿ™‚
predator +40 tune, powerservice
Line-X, Prodigy brake controller
2002 Timberland 27BH TT

mandnsmomVicki
Explorer
Explorer
...your kids would rather spend a week camping in the cold over New Years with their parents and no television instead of being at home hanging with friends and the video games!

Vicki
Vicki

2009 Jayco 32BHDS (The Beast)
2006 GMC Yukon XL 2500 (The Hulk)

moorer2
Explorer
Explorer
... you want to move out of a "nice" neighborhood because the covenants restrict you from parking your camper in the driveway.

MomsMax
Explorer
Explorer
. . .all of your non-camping friends call you Trailer Trash and you consider it a compliment!
Denise, Pete, Adam, Amy and Boomer the Beagle.
Never a dull moment!
:W
D/A, shortbed, Rhino liner
16K Superglide
Cardinal CKT LX

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
. . . your Christmas cards feature either a photo or a drawing of an RV.

Guilty!!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

PacNWNomad
Explorer
Explorer
......if you've ever told your children that you won't go look at any new rigs because their rooms aren't clean, and how do you know that they will keep a new rig clean if they won't keep their bedrooms clean?

......you're thinking of trading up, and then suddenly get all nostalgic and reconsider.

.....you think a SB house is just for unpacking and getting ready for the next venture out.

.....you're not at all worried about the storm coming in, although you are worried a little bit about the trees.

......you hate it when people come over to your SB house, but you don't mind when three extra people show up for a weekend when you're out, especially if they bring enough wine.

.....you call your sister a camp site hog because she took the space right next to the utility box at the family property for her PUP that she only uses several times a summer, leaving you with your 30' rig sitting in the middle of the driveway, a terrible view, and needing to go buy extensions for your sewer hookups (and no, I'm not still mad about that. Really).

......you'd rather pay CG fees than HOA fees, and think that dry docking twice a week is a fine way to cut down on CG fees when going from one destination to the next.

.....your kids thinks it is quite fun to stay overnight at a truck stop

......you worry if the RV'er next to you at the gas station will think something is wrong with you if you ask them about their set up.

......you catch your stabilizers on a friends soft, gravelly circle drive, and figure that as far as mistakes go, it's not a terrible one (see the next one in order for this to actually make sense)

......you see a fiver out for his (apparent) first foray, see that he caught his rig on a pole at the on ramp back to the freeway, smashed the whole side of his rig in, and pray to God that you don't ever do anything like that.

This thread was utterly hilarious, thanks for the laughs!
Tamri
5 kids
2 dogs
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311BHS
2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L
ProPride hitch

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you have a box in the basement storage of your RV marked "Christmas decorations".

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
if you just left the moderator the following message

I know this thread has become very large, but is there any way you can make available the "Print Topic" button instead of just the "Print Page" hotlink. I would love to print the whole topic thread into a book to carry in my RV.
"Yes" I must be an RVer if I'm asking for this
LOL:B
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
terrytrailertrash wrote:
If while shopping in the outlet stores at Myrtle Beach the saleslady who is smitten with your 3 y/o DS asks him where he lives, and he replies (in a perfectly frank manner) "in the state park".

I forgot to mention that we aren't full timers (yet...LOL).
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)

Eric_kc0ahk
Explorer
Explorer
sbodi4d wrote:
...if you sat at the computer and read this entire thread without stopping, and you don't even own an RV YET! ๐Ÿ™‚
...if you have spent more time at work looking at rv.net than working, and you don't even own an RV YET! ๐Ÿ™‚
...if you go looking at RV's all weekend and forget which one you liked on purpose so you could go look again next weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep.....that would be me.......

Southwind85
Explorer
Explorer
If a tourist ask you where you live and you point at your RV. Then they ask where you're from and you say here for the moment. Then they get frustrated and insist on knowing which town your from as in a permanent city..then you roll your eyes because you know you're talking to a wall. They're just not going to get it no matter how many easy to understand small words you use.

If a state campground needs your fixed address for their computer and you give them your license plate number. Then they want your real address so you give them the camp site number and campground they just issued to you for the stay. Then they look at you like you're crazy. You say "fulltimer." They suddenly comprehend and say "oh I understand now" and proceed to type something mysterious into the computer.
The Good Life