cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

jims1
Explorer
Explorer
musicman54 wrote:
if your rv cost more then your house

Thats too funny. We set up our 5'er payment as a second mortage. When we sold the house to become fulltime RV'ers we used the proceeds to pay down the "new" house according to the tax laws...
Volvo dually Pickup
DRV Memphis
Me, Alie, and Salie
Fulltiming

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
Love that!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
SkiingSixPack wrote:

You have ever contemplated giving your spouse cast iron for Christmas.

Contemplate? She did give me cast iron (and not up side the head) And I was happy!!!
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RVer if:

You have been to a Wal-mart and never stepped inside the store.

You happily wake up at 5 AM to quietly make coffee in a 30 year old peculator, on a 40 year old Coleman stove, while it is 20 degrees, just to listen to the sounds of the springtime birds.

You know what a sailswitch is.

Your kids ask to sleep in 'camp driveway.'

You have ever contemplated giving your spouse cast iron for Christmas.
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
You use an old fishing pole to unclog the toilet
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
You hold off buying staples late in the year because you know you'll be bringing in the items when you winterize the rig.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
Spleenstomper wrote:

How about if you run out of oil or sugar and you walk over to the RV instead of going to the store

We've been doing this all fall:o

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
JAXFL wrote:
"When you let the dogs out of the house and they run to the steps of the camper and refuse to come back in." OH YES HE DOES.

My dogs do this! Lol

How about if you run out of oil or sugar and you walk over to the RV instead of going to the store
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

ShapeShifter
Explorer
Explorer
We spent four years looking for our current house. The first step when getting an address was to get on Google Earth and check out the overhead pictures. If it looked like there might be room to maneuver and park the MH, then we did a drive by. If it still looked like there was room, then we would ask our agent for a visit. We crossed off most of the candidates because there was no room for the MH. All other considerations were secondary. I guess we might actually be RVers...
2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ LE
400 ISL Cummins/Allison
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 toad

Inside: Him, Her, and a pack of little furballs...

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely! Would never consider buying a house if I couldn't do the 'scoop' in the street!

JoshInReno
Explorer
Explorer
Chock Full o' Nuts wrote:
If you choose your next home based on whether or not you can park your rig in the side yard...

Currently house shopping and RV parking is near the top of my list!

"Number of bedrooms and bathrooms? Don't care. But exactly how wide is that gate over there?"
2016 F250 Crew Cab Longbed 4x4
2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH

run100
Explorer
Explorer
... if you struggle to remember important dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.), but know the tank capacities of every RV on the road.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

run100
Explorer
Explorer
If you swore to NEVER step foot inside a Walmart . . . until you learned they have an RV section.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you take a week's vacation to work on your house and spend the first 4 days cleaning, polishing, repairing, modifying, and doing maintenance on your camper.

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
adondo wrote:
smokedummy wrote:
If the only Lucille Ball movie you can recall is "The Long Long Trailer"... you might be an RVer.

When you can IDENTIFY yourself with Lucy in "The Long Long Trailer" than you're an RV'r.

I've had my mother on trips, and she's hidden rocks for example. :B

If you have gone and bought 8 DVD's of this movie to give to your Rv'ing buddies to enjoy..
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.