cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Silly question about hooking up hot water outside

NorthernVandal
Explorer
Explorer
OK I know, rookie question. But here's the scenario. I have a new TT and was looking at the hot water heater in the back of it and noticed a garden hosed size outlet. I am hoping that this is something I can use to hook up a hose and use an external hot water wash, is it?

The thing is, I do bbq competitions, I would love an outside hot water access point to wash some of the bigger items I cook with, if this is something I can use, is there a particular attachment I have to buy to utilize it? It's not an outside shower setup or anything, just a valve on the back end of the trailer where the heater is. Thanks guys.
8 REPLIES 8

jesse_m_jm
Explorer
Explorer
You might check into making/doing something like this sink...
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
2009 Keystone Raptor 3712TS
Living full time in it with 4 boys. We might be crazy... :B

Our Blog - Our Family RV Adventure

NorthernVandal
Explorer
Explorer
Nope no outside shower with it, guess I should look into how to hook that up and put one on there, thanks guys. Appreciate the insight.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
bad idea to rig something off the temperature pressure relief valve. it is designed to relieve pressure. that and the water coming out of the water will scald you. please don't mess with this as it is a safety feature for the water heater.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is NOTHING on RV water heater for hooking up a garden hose.

Water temp inside tank is 130*-140*F depending on Brand and what t-stat is set for.

TT should have low point drains (hot and cold). Look under TT for them. You could put a valve on one and hook up garden hose then turn on water pump to use......but still would have very hot water for short time
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
Its the pressure relief valve, and all the ones I have seen have threads on them.

See if you can get a hose to hook up (will take an adapter) and use it. It will need to be a high temp rated hose.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

ewarnerusa
Nomad
Nomad
the bear II nailed it.
Does your new TT have an outside shower or sprayer? Our first had an outdoor shower (a sink sprayer on a hose) with hot and cold controls and it was pretty handy for outdoor dish washing. Our current TT has just a cold water sprayer that is a garden hose-style sprayer. It is just a quick connect port and the sprayer hose hooks into it.
Aspen Trail 2710BH | 470 watts of solar | 2x 6V GC batteries | 100% LED lighting | 1500W PSW inverter | MicroAir on air con | Yamaha 2400 gen

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Did you TT come with an outside shower?
If not you can add one.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
What you saw is probably the high pressure release valve. Usually they don't have a threaded spigot but you may be able to jerry-rig something to attach to the spigot and then open the valve by flipping up the lever that is on top of the valve to get hot water to flow.

Your best bet would be to have a plumber or handyman tie into the hot water system and plumb a spigot into an outside compartment for your use.