cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

For those with arthritic dogs

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to all! I'm not much a person to endorse a product, but I have had such great results with a product called DGP for dogs I thought I would mention it here. My pup is a nine year old golden ret. with terrible hips and arthritis in multiple locations. A friend of mine gave me a bottle of this to try a couple weeks ago. Holy cow, what a difference! He's actually running and playing again! My friend was actually told about this product by a well respected vet.

So, just an fyi for those of you with pups with soreness issues. There are quite a few reviews out on the net about it, worked wonders for us!
8 REPLIES 8

dturm
Happytraveler wrote:
I'm using Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for small and medium dogs. Charlie weighs between 30 and 35 pounds. I was wondering if I can split Dasuquin for large dogs in half and give it to Charlie, not a big selection on Amazon for small and medium dogs.

Yes. They are not scored so you may get uneven halves, but that shouldn't be an issue. You could also use a pill cutter or a knife.

Just a note on Dasuquin and other products. I really like the Nutramax products, I see a more uniform result and that's the form we use with Jill and did on Charmin. BUT, there are many products that are good, Joint Strong, Glycoflex, Atroitin, Synovi. I have many patients using the generic OTC human products with success.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I'm using Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for small and medium dogs. Charlie weighs between 30 and 35 pounds. I was wondering if I can split Dasuquin for large dogs in half and give it to Charlie, not a big selection on Amazon for small and medium dogs.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
fpresto wrote:
I have had great luck with Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for our 10 year old Lab. She has much greater mobility after a few months using it. As usual Amazon seems to have the best price but even so it is not cheap.

I started our two little dogs, ages 6 & 10, on this a few months ago based on some reviews from this forum. Rosie (10)was developing arthritis in her surgery knee (she has a metal pin) and I believe she's now doing better. She trots pretty quickly if I turn her loose to "run" at the park. Sometimes she jumps up on the sofa without even thinking about it. Darcy doesn't have symptoms yet but her age (6) is a guess and she's very active, so couldn't hurt. We just split a tablet between them. Thanks everybody that suggested Dasuquin.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
I have had great luck with Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM for our 10 year old Lab. She has much greater mobility after a few months using it. As usual Amazon seems to have the best price but even so it is not cheap.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
good stuff

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry I didn't give more info, the best price I have found is from Amazon (no surprise!) You are so correct Francesca, it does state due to the enzymes it may conflict w/ some anticoagulants and antibiotics and to consult with your vet- good catch!

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Link to product

Looks real interesting! My ten-year-old terrier's still pretty limber, but ya never know what the future holds.

One thing in the ingredients list did catch my eye- there's an enzyme mix that includes papain, the main ingredient in most meat tenderizers. That rang a bell with me as something that may interfere with some medications, especially anticoagulants. But I'm only basing that on what I THINK I remember from assisting an older relative through surgery involving blood thinners. I s'pose it could be different for dogs...

As with everything, checking with the dog's vet first is prolly a good idea!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Where is it purchased. Your description could easily match my dog.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population