cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HIT IT AGAIN, DEAN! Warning Pitcher Heavy!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
You Ain't Nobody Till .....

NDSDF's Adoption pitcher ...

Few weeks shy of six years. Time sure flies, don't it?

But, but they said, I DIDN'T have to sleep on the sofa.

Pops
24 REPLIES 24

rwj146
Explorer
Explorer
Great pictures, Sir. Beautiful (handsome) animals. Thanks for posting.
Courage is endurance for one moment moreโ€ฆ
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Murphsmom wrote:
Adorable! I'm jealous!

We are on the process of looking. Lost both of our pups earlier this year (the 13 yr old Golden to a heart attack and the 5 1/2 yr old Tripawd Lab/Chessie to bone cancer). Thought we had found the ideal pup early this week, but the woman who runs the rescue wouldn't even let us get to see him in person because (without even meeting us) she said we are "too old" for a boisterous year old Lab. So the search goes on.

Sorry for the loss of your two pups, and it's unfortunate to hear about the lady running the rescue.

If you'all were in CA. The NDSDF has dogs they recruited, e.g. like Calvin, who didn't make it through their training, or dogs who were adopted, but for one reason or another, are in the position / situation of having to find a new home.

When a person adopts a dog from the NDSDF. You become part of their "Lifetime Care Program". They check-in on us every 6 months or there abouts. They also have a facebook deal where the families can post updates, etc.. I don't do facebook, so they send me an email.

Best of luck on your search! I'm sure the right dog will find you!

Pops

PS Thanks everybody! ...

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I really enjoyed those pictures. You're a good Daddy-Happy Father's Day to Pops!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terrific photos! My favorite is of Calvin watching Pops in the rear view monitor.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
Adorable! I'm jealous!

We are on the process of looking. Lost both of our pups earlier this year (the 13 yr old Golden to a heart attack and the 5 1/2 yr old Tripawd Lab/Chessie to bone cancer). Thought we had found the ideal pup early this week, but the woman who runs the rescue wouldn't even let us get to see him in person because (without even meeting us) she said we are "too old" for a boisterous year old Lab. So the search goes on.

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
She was a beauty and I'm sure just as loved as Calvin, they have as hard a time as us when part of their pack is missing.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
tbred wrote:
Awww...

I'm familiar with Calvin but what was your other pups name? Calvin looks like a clone of him, both cuties!

Thanks, that was his big sister Harlee "RIP". We had to say goodbye to her in June of 2012.

To this day, he will not sleep, or lay in her spot in rig. He had a really hard time sitting in the front seat of the Jeep, as it was her seat. He's OK with it now, but, I can see it in his eyes, at times, that he's thinking about her while he's siting there.

Pops

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Gotcha Day in advance Calvin. I'm still voting for you for president.

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
Awww...

I'm familiar with Calvin but what was your other pups name? Calvin looks like a clone of him, both cuties!

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge