Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RVSnowbird
Explorer
Explorer
sue.t wrote:
I'm wondering if we should also have a sticky that lets us post obituaries & pics of our dearly departed pets? Maybe a "Rainbow Bridge" sticky? It would be sad and happy. It is very sad when a pet dies. And many of us tell the rest of the group when one of our pets does die. Telling others is one way to grieve. There have been a number of posts lately about dear pets that have died. And the stories are very difficult to read. And yes, our heart tugs with every tale.

A thread that would let us tell of our pet, and post a picture, would be a way to memorialize the RV pets that have travelled to the other side.
Simple ground rules.
1. Posts are limited to individual pet "obituaries" and no personal replies please as they will be deleted without explanation.

2. Pictures exceeding 640 pixels width or 480 pixels in height will be edited to comply within those dimensions.

if you have any questions, free to send me a private message

==========================================================================

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The above in a Rainbow Bridge "flash" movie
have you checked out the new RV.net Blogs yet?

Deceased 2/28/08 RIP
243 REPLIES 243

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Kuma, my very first dog...We sure been though a lot together and some absolutely crazy'est of times!

Pops

Harley_Dude
Explorer
Explorer
Mason left us today at the age of nine. Mast Cell cancer took him from us. Mason loved every day of his life and we loved him every day of his life. He was one FINE dog!

"You're a long time underground!"

justiceb
Explorer
Explorer
I miss my dear Josephine everyday. I know that she will be there to meet me at the Rainbow Bridge.Josephine got so much joy out of traveling first in our 5th wheel and then in our motorhome. She was a service dog for Terry and loved me beyond any measurement. Thanks for having this site to honor her

Jim & Terry Bullman
Traveling out of Dallas Texas
National Tradewinds

lmsteck
Explorer
Explorer
At 75 lbs. I hesitate calling Hogosha a puppy. He was our first Akita. We drove to Utah to get him 9/22/2008 he was three months old. He passed 4 months later 1/31/2009 from a blood disorder. We LOVED him greatly, he was so patient and gentle with the children. We still miss him everyday.
lmsteck

luvdoggiez
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I have been Full Time RV'ing for over two years now. 9 years ago, we adopted a wonderful Boxer boy. His name was Tyson and he came from a family whos two boys (8 and 10) tormented him horribly. After taking about a year to draw him out of his shell, he became a great companion.

What we didn't know was that Tyson had a number of tumors in his chest and abdominal cavities. We lost Tyson to cancer yesterday. We are very sad and will miss him horribly.

He was our little otter face, and was quite a clown. We are so glad we were able to give him a happy place to live for 9 years of his life.

Happy camping! - Eric and Carol Anderson -
Fulltiming with two great Pit Bulls.
2003 Allegro Bus 40DP that we absolutely love! ๐Ÿ™‚
Our Blog

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer

They come in all shape, sizes, and colors but if you read through these posts the story is almost always the same. When they leave us the grief is almost unbearable. They give us so much. They ask nothing in return just your gentle touch and companionship. This is my Bandit. He has been gone since June 2009. We did not think we would ever want another. We have Duke now. No two are alike but they all give their whole heart. I am happy to have this place to share these tender thoughts with folks who feel the same way. Rest in Peace Bandit. See you at the Bridge.

mredneck
Explorer
Explorer
Shortly after my wife and I met and started dateing she found this mongral of a puppy that we were told was the runt of the litter, and was a Rottie Blue healer mix. My wife fell in love and brought her home. She looked like a rottie but acted like a healer. She never got over 37lbs. but even though I am a big dog guy I still grew to love her. Named her Fender after Freddie Fender. (had and Akita rot mix named Gibson that died 2 1/2 years ago.) She used to go hunting with me and she could catch rabits and bring them to me. She was fast. Loved camping, hunting, and just being outside. Well she has been strugeling with hips problems the last couple of years and Sunday morning she could not stand up. I had to carry her out to pee and poop and hold her up while she did it. She was in pain and when my wife tried to help her this morning she snapped at my wife and bit her in the ear. The vet said she was in pain and could give her drugs but that would basically sedate her and she would never have "quality of life". As much as I loved her I would hate to see her unable to chase squirls and sit under her tree any more. So I put her down this morning.

She gave us almost 14 good years tho!

See Ya Fender! There will never be another one like you!
2001 C2500 Sub 6.0 w/4:10 and Hypertec programmer- sold
2007 Sprinter 311BHS- totaled
4000W Champion Generator - now a back up
2005 K2500 suburban 6.0 w/4:10 and custom tune
2015 Coachman Leprechaun 320BH V10

mrblanche
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you (and any others it applies to) for adopting from a rescue or shelter.

I'm a volunteer at our local shelter, and I see great dogs and cats go to that ugly back room all the time. We're not a no-kill shelter, and no shelter really is. Most of those who claim to be no-kill actually control their population at the front door; we are required by the three cities that fund us to control ours at the back door. A major feral cat trapping program in one of our supporting cities almost wiped out our incoming isolation room inmates and required the euthanasia of a number of long-time cats that only had one of three things against them: They were older (not kittens), they were the wrong color (black or tabby), or they had caught the usual cat cold.

garyashley
Explorer
Explorer
Our precious Mini Schnauzer, Holly, went to the Rainbow Bridge about 5 hours ago. She was very much loved and will be greatly missed.

She became very lethargic and anemic on Sept 16th. After blood tests, xrays, medications and 2 blood transfusions within a week, she could not hold on any longer. She would have been 11 years old on November 10th. We adopted her March 16, 2004 from Schnauzer Love Rescue. She brought us much happiness and joy for the past six and a half years. She was a "Mommy's Girl" and would follow my every step. She loved her Daddy too.

Until we meet again

Gary & Ashley
& Lily (our Mini Schnauzer)
Tennessee
2006 KZ Sportsmen Sportster 37K Triple Slide
2007 Chevy 3500 LT Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax/Allison

scotty63
Explorer
Explorer
Today our faithful friend Pierre passed over the Rainbow Bridge He was a PBGV Cross that we rescued 12 years ago. It is with a heavy heart that I write this as I only wish there was more we could have done for him. He had nerve damage in his back and was having a loss of feeling on his hind quarters. He is being missed by his buddies Kia (Maltese x Jack Russel) and Spot (our rescued cat). Also His people are missing him greatly. He always came to play ball or help dig in the garden.
Ron & Jean
Coco , Spot & Frankie
British Columbia

Support Crafters and Farmers Markets

Retirement takes all the meaning out of weekend

catlover_in_ohi
Explorer
Explorer
Chloe
April 1, 2003 - August 20, 2010

I'll see you at Rainbow Bridge, beautiful girl.
08 Itasca Navion 24H "GoCatGo"

Rob, DW, and three furkids: Coco, Clarice and Zoey

Hiker3
Explorer
Explorer

Roxanne
"My Sweet Pea"
May 1993 - March 2010

After four months, my heart is still broken. I'm still not ready yet to rescue another little kitty -- but one day I will.

Until then, here's my tribute for my Roxanne:

"Kitty Kisses in the Morning"

Kitty kisses in the morning,
What a way to start the day!

Oh, how I wish you could stay.

You brought me such joy and fun.

Your absence leaves me undone.

Thank you, Sweet Pea, for over 16 incredible years of fun and love.

Dee
Livin Lite Quicksilver 8.0 (Folding Tent Camper) only 900 lbs!

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer

Head high, nose to the wind ...

prayers flags whipping in the crisp air,
the lofty peaks of the Himalayans
gleaming in the distance ...
and the ancestral home beckons.

A friend on a Lhasa Apso message board wrote the above when she heard about Loppy's passing. The picture of him enjoying the snow, his bright eyes full of joy & mischief, so true to his ancestral Tibetan roots seems fitting to go along with it.

Loppy
My heart dog
8/9/97 - 5/29/10

Until we meet again.....

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
FOXY (Rest in Peace)

We had Foxy for 17 wonderful years! She was a wonderful companion for our son, Chris, who got her when he was about 5-6 years old. She slept with him every night, and waited for him to get home from school each day.

When she realized that he spend hours in the pool each day, she decided that she wanted to be in the pool too, and jumped in with him. After a time, she got to where she would go in for a dip, even when nobody else was in the pool. I had to put in steps, so she could get out! ๐Ÿ™‚

When DW's Sheltie, Cookie, her heart-dog, passed a year ago, Foxy was there to help my wife get through it. (I was away at work) Foxy stayed with Claudia for days....Don't know what she would have done without Foxy.

She lived a good life......and a long life...and only recently began to start to slide downhill...but was still playing with our other dogs up until a few weeks ago.

We will miss her....but now she's over the Rainbow Bridge...with Cookie and all our other dogs that have passed before her.

Have Fun Foxy, you will not be forgotten!
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

colochoclab
Explorer
Explorer
Heshey, June 28, 2000 - March 22, 2010.

My loyal companion, protector and dear friend. I will miss you more than I can express.

-Dieter

2008 Nissan Titan LE Crew 4x4
'06 Jayco JayFlight 29FBS
'11 Bayliner 180ob
'99 Seadoo GTS
Member titantalk, seadooforum, benzworld.org

My Chocolate Labs "Snickers", "Reese" and "Hershey"(Passed)

"I asked God for a true friend: He sent me a Labrador Retriever."