Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aerolite Cub 195 - Fridge on Gas not working

vinceshan
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

It was all working fine and all of a sudden, the fridge on gas it not working. If it is plugged in the power, it works fine.

Propane is all good and full
Fridge works fine on Power
Battery is fully charged.

When I switch to gas I can hear and see the ignite happening (I opened the door on the outside where the fridge is located and looked for the ignite ) but nothing after that. The light blinks on the fridge which indicates - check Gas.

Please help. What do I need to do?
6 REPLIES 6

vinceshan
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that. When it is on shore power, fridge is switched to GAS mode and it still does not light.

๐Ÿ˜ž

Sea_scape
Explorer
Explorer
Last suggestion, which is a W. A. G. Plug the trailer I to shore power, change the switch on the front of the fridge from auto to the gas position, and see if it lights. If it still doesn't light, I would suspect a problem in the control board, the wiring from the control board to the gas solenoid, or the gas solenoid. That unfortunately is likely beyond us to troubleshoot. About all you can do is look for wire that has become disconnected.

vinceshan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas. Tried that and it is not working still. Tried burning the stove for sometime and tried the fridge again and it was not working.

It is Norcold brand

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check for any spider webs in the tubing. Use a long pipe cleaner to see if there is any spider webing in the tubing. I had it happen once.

On a regular basis, if the propane has been turned off, it may take several attempts for the fridge to ignite. I always turn on my stove burners first to make sure gas has gotten that far in the line. But the farther down the line from the gas tanks, the longer it can take to get ignited.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Sea_scape
Explorer
Explorer
Same may happen with your water heater. Generally I open stove and hold a barbecue lighter next to element until it lights. It can take a number of seconds for the air to clear in front of the propane. After the stove is lit, fridge will start on first or second cycle. Try it once, if the light starts to blink, wit a few seconds and give it a second try.

The hot water is after the fridge. If the hot water lights you know the entire line is purged.

spanielrage
Explorer
Explorer
(This might be a FAQ somewhere)

The first thing to check is whether there is some air in the line to the fridge. The easiest way to verify is by lighting the stove, let it run for 10 secs, then shut it off. Try the fridge again (give it a little time, if it doesn't ignite first time).

I've had this happen to myself and fortunately this always works.

Derek
2008 Jayco JayFeather 19H
2012 Ford F150 XLT EcoBoost MaxTow SCrew w/XTR Package