Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Brand new rv 13.5btu AC issue

I have a brand new Winnebago Micro Minnie with a 13.5 btu AC that runs fine but my 3400watt generator won't start it, goes to fault every time with nothing else going. I confirmed my gen to be good by starting a friends 15.0 AC with no problems. His ...

pkhjr by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Splendide Washer dryer hoses

We purchased a used Splendide 2100 washer / dryer combo, but it did not have the water supply hoses with it. Both the hot and cold connectors have 90 degree fittings on the back of the washer that are much smaller than the standard 3/4". Does anyone...

reppoc12 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Power issues with Frank's Voltage Booster

Voltage in the trailer is moving from 115 to 122 sounds good right? Pedestal is closer to 100+- and Franks booster is in 16 percent boost best I can tell. Trouble is the PI EMS seems to randomly cut power. PE is usually 0 (no issue) or have seen 4...

Water pump replacement

I need to replace the water pump in my Challenger fiver. In doing a search here, the SureFlo 4008 Revolution seems to be a popular choice. However, some say the Remco Aquajet is the way to go. It's also double to price. I dry camp about 50% of the ti...

Ford 7.5L 460 loss of power when hot

Hi guys, i just acquired a 1991 27' fleetwood class c rv. It sat for about 8 years before i bought it. I've since drained the old gas, new fuel filter, trans flush, motor flush and new battery. It fired up and ran like a champ for about 300 miles. No...

Battery Porfile

What's the ideal charge profile for This Battery?Bulk at what current to what voltage? Absorb at what voltage until?Float at what voltage?Of course WM isn't going to supply this info and I can't find the JC equivalent. Thanks

2112 by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace old TV antenna

Hi - Our 1996 camper has the typical old batwing type antenna that raises up with a crank from the inside. I recently hooked up a new digital tv to it and could only get about 1 channel. I thought I should get at least 15 because that's about how m...

1992 Newmar Kountry Star

I have a 1992 Newmar Kountry Star RV that is having some problems. It starts easily but within a minute or two, the check engine light comes on, then the engine dies. Have replaced the MAF sensor and the throttle position sensor. Also replaced the pi...

Can New A/C Be Run Immediately After Install?

Just Replaced a Coleman Mach unit. Are these like refrigerators where if you tilt it vertically or sideways, you have to wait 24 hrs. for the compressor oil to settle before running it? Can't find anything on the Airexcel site or in the manual regard...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How I replace Domettic 9100 Elec awning fabric

Recently when I put out my year old Domettic 9100 electric awning with LED lights, I noticed blisters or bubbles in the fabric. It appeared to me that the fabric was de-laminating. (See first picture)I contacted Dommetic, and they agreed to send me n...

Dr_Quick by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator overloads with A/C

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I am at a loss. My Champion 3100 immediately overloads when the a/c is turned on. The a/c unit is 13.5K BTU, so the gen should handle it. My older gen has a higher capacity. It would start up the compre...

mesoman7 by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Bedside Assistance For Appliances

NOTE: The following is purposed for an ambulatory person (me), but stuck in a stick & brick, because of extensive upcoming recuperation time following multiple surgeries. i.e. "Almost Bedridden". I need all the clever ideas, hints and other input I c...

Roof vent cap

Greetings all,Can anyone tell me how to remove the black/gray tank vent cap on the roof? It's not screwed on, but it won't budge. I don't want to force it and break it; almost seems like it's glued on.

Freedom 15 Inverter/Battery Charger

Have 2001 Itasca Horizon, with Freedom 15 Inverter/Charger. When connected to 50amp shore power only the fridge and AC works. No electrical outlets. Turn inverter on via xantrex Freedom basic remote and outlets run. The remote does not indicate A...