cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood direct ignition gas/electric 10 gal water heater

eldondo
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I had it fixed by cleaning the connections with an eraser like I read about, but, now, when I flip the wall switch the red light stays on and nothing happens outside. I've cleaned all the connections, put on new eco and pt set, checked that one fuseable link kinda thing. I'm all out of cheap solutions. So I am seeking more advice. How can I check the board without just replacing it? Any other advice?
5 REPLIES 5

eldondo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks a bunch old biscuit! That is just what the doctor ordered. Gonna get one of those ASAP! Thanks again.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
eldondo wrote:
Ok, I removed the circuit board from water heater. With my virtually unused multimeter, I believe that I have found that there is no continuity as I follow the trouble shooting guide of atwood's. I believe that means the board is shot. The part # is 93256 or 93258, kinda hard to read for sure. I have not been able to locate one either locally or on the internet. Don't know what to do.

Dinosaur Boards.....good quality
Atwood #93256 would use the UIB S board....also would need protective cover

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

eldondo
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I removed the circuit board from water heater. With my virtually unused multimeter, I believe that I have found that there is no continuity as I follow the trouble shooting guide of atwood's. I believe that means the board is shot. The part # is 93256 or 93258, kinda hard to read for sure. I have not been able to locate one either locally or on the internet. Don't know what to do.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
That 'fuseable link kinda thing' is a thermal cut-out. A one shot heat sensing fuse thatโ€™s normally closed and sends power to the thermostat.
When tripped by excessive heat (190ยฐF), (i.e. blocked burner or flue tube) it cuts power to the circuit board and shuts down ignition

If removed and still will not fire up then check for 12V power from circuit board to/thru normal t-stat and back to circuit board (brown wire)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
I would remove fuseable link and hook wire direct then give it a try. Just remember how it goes back together. Spiders like to build webs in propane/air tube make sure thats clean, but may not be your problem if it's not doing anything. Make sure all grounds are good also.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B