cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Auto Change over bit it

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
so getting the 5th wheel ready for the first trip of the year I was puzzled as to why the microwave display wasn't on and started to get choked as I just had the microwave fixed last year. then I noticed the lights on the tv's were off and the fridge was running on propane.

after 15 min of trouble shooting with the multi meter I traced the problem to the go power TS-50 and specifically the contactor where they wired the shore power cable to was not engaging, while if I turned the other side on the inverter would make it clunk and supply 120V.

Looking at it I noticed they had the solar going into the contractor, that by their drawing, should have been for the shore power, and the shore power was going into the one labeled for the generator. Are these two contactors the same and you can do this to pick which one gets priority? or is one rated higher than the other?

anyways I switched the shore power to the proper and still working contactor and put the inverter on the dead one since we will have power available this trip so I have 120V power again, but I do have to look for a new change over, so what are your recommendations, should I stay with the go power or is there better ones. go power used to be pretty good quality but who knows whats good now.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100
6 REPLIES 6

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
Cptnvideo wrote:
StirCrazy, are you referring to a transfer switch? Do you have a built-in generator?

ya that also. manufacturers seem to call them both. I don't have a generator as I have an adequate amount of solar. I use the generator in port for my inverter when I am dry camping, and have the charger wired so it will only work with shore power.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
LouLawrence wrote:
I think the TS50 is no longer available due to multiple fire issues. Correct me if that's not correct.

that's not correct. still available, it's just 525.00 Canadian pesos and it looks identical to progressive Dynamics 50AM auto change over.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, the TS-50 is/was a transfer switch.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
StirCrazy, are you referring to a transfer switch? Do you have a built-in generator?
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I think the TS50 is no longer available due to multiple fire issues. Correct me if that's not correct.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
I'm assuming that by the lack of responses they are all pretty much the same.

guess I will stay with go power or one that has the same layout as all the connections are the length it needs already.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100