cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't find my water filter Fleetwood Flair 1990

dahlia55
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. Does anyone know whereabouts the water filter would be located on my '90 Flair? Not in the owners manual. Having a hard time pinning it down. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You could even mount the water filter on the outside near the city water connector like this google images shows... Sure makes for easy changing out the filter...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
It's likely that a 1990 rig doesn't have a water filter - no big deal if you want one they aren't hard to install.
Kevin

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the Fleetwood Discovery and Excursioin model, they hid it behind the water control panel on the driver's side. The panel goes about half the way down from the top to the bottom and all the way accross that compartment. You have to get down on your hands and knees and then look up behind the panel. If that's where yours is, don't over tighten when replacing the filter because there's no way to get a filter wrench on it. Use some vasoline on the o-ring and then just tighten it enough so that it seals.

I'll bet some of the people that designed the MHs read these forums to get a laugh out of the difficulties that some people have.......

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
If you have a third faucet for drinking water on the kitchen sink, the faucet is inside the cabinet under the sink. My 2003 Fleetwood Jamboree has one there.

Any filter for use at the water-inlet for water spigots supplied at the site would most likely be in a outside compartment used for winterizing, dumping, etc. If you have one there should be a water-filter cartridge holder.
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

path1
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't find one maybe that model doesn't have one. Other owners either had filter on water hose outside of rv or didn't use one. I'm thinking a actual "water filter" and not a "water strainer" to prevent junk from getting into water system.

Link is NOT what I consider a water filter, necessary but not water filter, you should have both IMO.

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-6566-shurflo-255-213-twist-on-strainer-12-npsm-inlet.aspx
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"