Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

bathroom fan

My bathroom fan is on a wall switch; this turns the fan on and off, but you still need to open the vent manually (too high for wife to do).Is there a fan/vent unit available that turns on the fan, and opens the vent when powered on, and then closes t...

doughere by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery: AGM vs. Flooded Cell

Our 5er, 2016 Continental Coach, currently has 4 6v Interstate “Maximum” Deep Cycle Batteries. I am planning to replace them, and am considering the GC2 Trojan T-105 w T-2 Technology (flooded cell), and the GC2 Trojan T-105 AGM w C-Max Technology(sea...

Maintnence Free Deep Cyelse 6 Volt Batteries

You can find maintenance free 1w volt batteries everywhere.My T105s have plenty of capacity and long life as long as they are serviced properly.But adding water every few weeks, especially when sore a distance away is a problem plus the corrosion on ...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Fantastic Fan fuse problem.

Fuse is good, problem is the knob that holds it pops out very easily. Have tried twisting it in, and boom, someone touches it by mistake and it falls out.Gonna paint the knob a different color, so we don’t mistake it anymore. First unit with a FF.

How many amps does my inverter provide

If I have a Zamp ZP-300PS or a P-600PS pure sign wave inverter, how many amps does it put out at 120 volts? Am I calculating correctly at 300w \ 120 v = 2.5 amps AC? If I use a 600W inverter then am I only going to see 5 amps AC?The ultimate questio...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Power center problem

OK I have a Arctic Fox 25Y and the power center so far as I can tell is a PD5000. I can not find any manuals or installation guides on the PD website and the AF manual has a worthless paragraph. This is a straight distribution panel not including a c...

Brake Lights

Doing a check as we prepare to leave for home, and the brake lights are not working. No voltage on the power lead, 20A fuse is good. FTL raised rail chassis.

hydraulic cylinders

My trailer has a large hydraulic cylinder used to raise and lower front of trailer. I was wondering if I should take the pressure off of it when in storage.

dalej by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Would solar be effective in the midwest?

Would a 200 watt solar panel keep a single 100ah lifepo4 charged during a midwest Iowa winter/December ?I use about 50 ah per day , I found a online calculator that said 50ah is about .65kwhI believe my 100ah lifepo4 is like 1kwh or 1.2 kwh.65kwh is ...

Converter and Battery Question

Hello all,I plan on installing an inverter in my travel trailer in the near future, as well as moving my battery from outside the trailer to the front storage compartment to minimize the distance between the battery and inverter, as well as reduce th...

If I went to a Progressive Dynamics Converter.......

So I'm always looking to my next upgrade for my charging of the 4-6v GC batteries. Knowing that the WFCO converter my rig came with is next to useless on it's own, add to that the fact that there is 18' of #8 wire to drop the theoretical charging vo...

Will fridge run off tow vehicle on batts on TT?

Simple question, but I cannot seem to find an answer. Every search results in "will my TV charge the batteries".Normally wouldn't care, but here's the scenario. Just got a new to me TT but I plan to keep the 2x 6volt batteries from my old trailer. ...

arcsum68 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

120 volt cigarette lighter size outlet

I tried Amazon but I think my search parameters are wrong. I have a PSW inverter in the center console of my Suburban. I would like to run a short extension cord and mount an outlet in the rear of the console so the kids can then plug in to 120v. I'm...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

sceamig help for my 2000 rexall airbus

so sorry to everyone who replied and thank you for replying. I did a very poor job in posting my last post. I started with my water heater then jumped off track. I did finally call an R.V. mechanic for the house side of my R.V and after I had changed...