cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C under coating opinions and Thank You's

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
First off I want to thank all who answered my questions. Got most of my issues resolved and had a wonderful maiden voyage last weekend. (Especially Cloudriver who has a rig very similar to mine)

Now for opinions. Has anyone used Fluid Film to undercoat their rv. It is a lanolin (sheep wool grease) based material used for lubrication and corrosion protection. My last camper had a great deal of rust from getting caught in winter storms on the way home from Florida. Not only did the steel parts rust severely, the sheet metal that covered the outside of the plywood rusted and the underlayment wood got very soft. I have coated some of my other vehicles and thought it would be good for the RV. I have coated most of it and hope it helps reduce rust. Just interested in what others have done, if anything. Thank you
1 REPLY 1

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Sheep grease works. Make your own coating. Then brush it on. Buy sheep grease at any lab supply then thin it with LPS-2 in a gallon jug form. The underside of my bus is slobbering with it. I first put down a thick coat of BODY SHOOTZ then after it cured the lanolin. The Body Shootz cost me $500. But brake and fuel lines are salt-water proof. It was after all this I learned Federal specs called for School Buses to be galvanized. Every square inch. Duh!