cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cracked tub

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used travel trailer this spring and the only issue that I have is that the tub has a crack in the bottom,which is not a huge deal because we never camp where there is no shower house but it seems like I need to put some more support underneath the crack. the previous owner tried to fix the bottom but it has way to much give for his repair. What is the best method of patching the crack then I will be able to support from under the tub when repair is made? camping is winding down so I thought it would be a good time to get this repaired
6 REPLIES 6

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
Easy fix. Gain access to below shower and use expanding foam to fill the area under shower/tub bottom.

Trace out on paper the bottom of tub/shower.
Send it to Napco www.napcoltd.com

They will send you a piece cut to your paper mold and glue to glue it down.

Did this to a park trailer this spring and it is fixed forever.

Pogoil.

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't bother... A replacement RV tub can be had for between $35 and $100 from Ebay depending on the model you need. I wouldn't take it all apart just to put the same one back in.

I had our tub out earlier this year chasing down a ground issue with the outside marker lights.

It wasn't that big of a deal, but I discovered that when they put the screws into our tub to hold it in place, the tub was not fully seated on the bottom support. Every time we stepped in, it squeaked and creaked like mad and as it turns out, there was a crack in the corner up behind the surround that was slowly working its way down towards the lip of the tub. That corner of the tub was sitting 1/2" higher than it should have, so you can imagine how much it was flexing every time we used it.

When I reinstalled it, I made sure the tub was sitting flat on the floor before I screwed it in place, and made sure I used some high quality marine-grade sealant on the existing crack. The tub doesn't flex at all when we use it any more (and therefore, doesn't creak and squeak either).

So, all that being said, I'd just replace it. It's not a difficult job at all. On a shade-tree mechanic's scale of 1-10, I'd put around a 3.5. Remove the faucet, remove the surround, disconnect the drain pipe, remove the screws holding it in place (probably 3 or 4) and it pulls right out!

path1
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is real current and might help. Thought I'd just pass it on. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27225920.cfm
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

24rules
Explorer
Explorer
is this tub going to be made of acrylic or fiberglass I am not sure

rugerguy
Explorer
Explorer
Look in you local yellow pages for bath tub repair,fiberglass repair or acrylic repair.
I just had a quarter size hole fixed in a tub/shower floor for $125.00 ,alot cheaper than replacing the tub.
My Jayco has the tub raised for the plumbing underneath.
It appears they put a sheet of 3/4" plywood under it,then a 2x4 leg down to the trailers sub floor.
99 Ford F-250 Superduty
2010 Jayco 298 RLS Eagle

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boy, good luck with that. It's a bear to do, let alone keep it sealed. Sorry, just feelin' for ya 'cause I've tried fixing one.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman