cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash A/C shutting off

RVforfishing
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm asking this question for my husband and I don't have much info to ask the question.

We own a 1993 U280 Foretravel and the dash A/C runs for awhile and then shuts off.
Anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?
9 REPLIES 9

RVforfishing
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You Wolfe10,
I don't think I am translating very well for my husband but here is some additional info.

1. Blower motor works on high speed but cycles on & off because circuit breaker is tripping and is over heating. ???? (bought new circuit breaker but haven't installed yet.
2. One condenser fan does not work. (haven't bought or replaced yet)
3. Blower motor resistor rusted out and needs replacing. He took it to NAPA but they weren't able to identify the correct one yet. I think I found an equivalent one online though-----(ACDELCO 15-71968)

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Condenser motor has NOTHING to do with the HVAC fan motor. Bad condenser motor could sure cause the A/C to shut down, but the air would still come out, just not cool!

Assume from your last post that the fan motor actually quits, not just does not blow air out the defrost vents or other location (a very different issue related to your vacuum pump).

If resistor wire direct to verify that the fan motor works fine. There is nothing exotic about the resistor on your coach-- pull it out and take it to any GOOD parts house (not some 17 year old kid with a computer).

You should also have a schematic for your dash HVAC fan (or can get one from James Triana at Foretravel 800 955-6226). The fuses for your fan are under the left side of the dash-- just lift up the dash, it is hinged.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

RVforfishing
Explorer
Explorer
Well so far we found out we need to replace one condenser fan.
We also need to replace the blower motor resistor but are trying to identify the resistor part number. The only thing we can read on it is INDAK.
The AC unit is a Frigi-Cool. We did receive a schematic from Foretravel but it doesn't identify the resistor type.
Does anyone know what might have been used in a 1993 Foretravel?

Flyfisherman128
Explorer
Explorer
We need a lot more information that that.

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
I read this as the Fan Blower motor, inside the RV.

There are a couple thoughts.
1, it is the motor itself (Getting Hot) and shutting down or the dropping resistor.
Of course it might just be a loose connection, but I doubt it.
Even if the compressor stops, the inside fan motor would continue to put out air.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the fan shut off when the dash control is in the heat position as well or just when in A/C position?

If just in A/C position then it is time to have the A/C system checked.
If in other positions than A/C as well, then the first check should be of all electrical connections. You may have a interrmitant connection.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe condenser fan not running.

May need to have service tech check the freon.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

RVforfishing
Explorer
Explorer
Fan shuts off

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the fan stay running or does it shut off.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!