cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Fridge won't work on gas

tkm5236
Explorer
Explorer
Even though the gas lights it won't cool. I change to 120v electric and it cools just fine. RV dealers haven't helped!
7 REPLIES 7

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
tkm5236 wrote:
... there appears to be a flame . . . not very big but I don't know big it should be . .

Maybe this will help.

Low flame (before cleaning the burner)

Good flame (after cleaning the burner)

Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

justaboutretire
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes you may get a flashing code on the control panel for the fridge. Few years back on mine I needed to replace the flue stack thermocouple which was causing my unit not to work on gas.
Bill & Diane
3 Boys, 1 dog
1DIL, 3 Granddaughters
2002 Excursion Limited\w 7.3 PSD
2003 Citation 33M TT

tkm5236
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Folks,
We had a new igniter installed and there appears to be a flame . . . not very big but I don't know big it should be . . it's maybe a half inch high. I suspect I need to do what Chris said and clean it all out!

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
When you switch over to gas, listen closely; you should hear the ignitor clicking and then the flame will come on with a "whoosh". If you don't hear anything, or it won't stay on, Chris may be right: you may have something in your gas lines or in the fridge ignitor system. Make sure your propane supply is turned on, check your level (at the tank) and try the other propane appliances, including the furnace and the stove and the hot water heater, to see if they work. If they're OK, chances are you have a dirty or bad ignitor system.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Check LP pressure, clean burner, clean orifice, clean flue, check baffle.

x2

I had too much crud in flue.:S
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Have to agree with Chris - both heat sources heat the same area. If it isn't working on gas, something is wrong with the flame...

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Check LP pressure, clean burner, clean orifice, clean flue, check baffle.
-- Chris Bryant