cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic fridge

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting my trailer ready for trip, the fridge is running at 35 but the freezer is at 25/28. I have just turned on the low ambient switch to help with the problem. Is there anything else I can check. It is running on electric . Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
What you state is almost impossible----35 in refer and only 28 in freezer. The FREEZER plates are before the refer plates. The normal operating temp of your freezer is 0 to 10 degrees and is NOT tstat controlled. So, IF the lower refer is at 35 degrees, the freezer has to be at least under 10 degrees. How are you measuring the temp? Digital thermometer? The Low ambient is for the refer temp in cold climates. Is it possible you have the freezer door not tight and sealed? Doug

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
No it's empty at the moment, just a couple of things in the freezer.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is there any food in it?
Hopefully the refer portion is not going down.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
It's been running since Saturday afternoon. I just checked about 2 hours since I turned on the low ambient switch and it's down to 20. Will check it again in the morning. But still open to any other suggestion. Thanks

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Of course and it should be close to 0F when it cools down. For starters has it run long enough to cool down?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Shouldn't the freezer be colder than 25 degrees?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What is the problem?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker