cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Frig Help

MainerBob
Explorer
Explorer
Help, Help! We are set to take off Tuesday morning. Just got the trailer back from the shop on Saturday and we're busy loading. Went to turn on the frig and it won't light. We're not on shore power and no way to do that. We got new propane tanks but otherwise nothing was done to the gas system. There is power to the frig and propane is on and flowing since after a few minutes wait the stove lit. We turn the frig on, on auto and we can hear the clicking outside with little "bursts" of sound but it doesn't catch and goes back to clicking. We've been at this awhile with no progress and don't know what else to try. Help!

Bob
2007 Keystone Everest 293P, 32'
2006 Silvarado 2500HD Duramax, SRW, CC, Short Bed, 4x4
Sidewinder,16K Draw-Tite Slider
Chloe, Standard Poodle
Charlie, Tibetan Terrier
17 REPLIES 17

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
As suggested.....light the stove top burners. I always turn them on high to get propane flowing thru the lines.
Then turn fridge on.......may have to reset it a few times until propane flows for fridge line

The propane lines probably just need purged with good flow of propane

And make sure you have a good charged battery......need that 12V
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

The_Dung_Beetle
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why this works for us, but anytime we have turned off the propane for any reason - when we turn it back on we always light the stove first and let it burn for about 20 seconds. Even then it takes the newly turned on propane a few seconds to reach the stove. We don't turn the burner on high to light either. Usually.. we turn it to med or low. You're sure you have the right tank switched on.. yes?

If we don't do that we've noticed the furnace takes multiple tries to ignite, and yes..sometimes....the fridge auto light has bounced back and forth between gas and electric.

Not sure that's your problem, but it sounds a bit like what we go through.

Good luck!
~ It's a fine line between hobby and mental illness ~ Dave Barry

Carl, Felicia, Eva & Pip (the fur kids)

Moved from Technology Corner