Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water pump question

First off if this isn't the correct subforum I apologize. Anyway, I tried to do some searching on this and didn't see an answer. My question is about how my water pump runs. 2009 Outback 268rl with a never used fresh water tank and pump until we t...

skiles by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

dometic fridge intermittent

helloim new to this forum and brand new to RVing. Bought a 2011 keystone Bullet Premier 28ft TT last fall and made my 3rd trip with in this past weekend. The fridge is a Dometic and has only 2 buttons on the top, one ON/OFF button and one Auto/Gas ...

Replacing Refrigerator Cooling unit

Hello,I need to replace my Dometic 2652 cooling unit. I have found replacements on eBay and online. I'm thinking of going with RV Cool RV Cool WebsiteI was wondering if anyone had any dealings with them and how did it go?My total cost is $475 with sh...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Is a Mean Well RSP-320-15 a good choice for Top Charging?

Hi all,I am thinking of buying a Mean Well RSP-320-15 (they won't allow a direct link) power supply to use primarily for "Top Charging" the batteries. Is this a good choice for Top Charging?I have a Cedar Creek 36CKTS with a battery compartment that ...

racer4 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Dish Tailgator Owners/Users

I have one and if it sits unhooked for 2-3 weeks it goes to sleep and I have to call Dish to zap it with a wake up call before it will work again. Has anyone else experienced this? There must be a cure as a TT forum member said his can sit for mont...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Expert Xantrex Freedom advice needed

I have a Xantrex Marine 2500 that was working great when I took it out of my RV and replaced it with a pure sine wave Xantrex inverter/charger. I sold it to someone with the remote panel but he called me back saying the Xantrex was working but it wou...

Winegard G2+

I have Directv. H24 box. Dome Sat. on my motorhome and a dedicated satellite feed in the service bay. Dome and external sat feed go though an a/b/ switch. Tried two Winegard G2+ units, wired according to instructions. Neither would active the dish. ...

wtravlr1 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

AC (alt current) Waveforms and THD for gens and inverter

Have you ever been curious what your generator or inverter waveform looks like? I have and the question has been asked on this forum several times. I have a new to me, recently calibrated Fluke 41B power analyzer. I will be testing various sources...

CJW8 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

2006 E450 V10 idling rough and stalling

I took it for a ride about 2 weeks ago and everything seemed OK. Tried to start it up yesterday, and it wouldn't stay running. Seemed like air or fuel was being restricted. Checked air filter and it was a mess. Mice had built a nest in it. Cleaned ou...

refill by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Winnebago Fifth Wheel

We purchased a new Winnebago Voyage fifth wheel in 2015. We had a problem with the refrigerator and converter while taking are second trip with it. I repeatedly called the towable service number for help and was just told to leave a phone number or...

Lucyc858 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Cooling Unit Out of Order

We have a 23 foot 1993 Aljo Skyline travel trailer that needs a new cooling unit. We are considering just replacing the refrigerator instead. I have a few questions:1. How well do travel trailers hold their value? We are worried that this is a big ex...

temporary loss of 12volt power when turning off lights.

I am having an issue with my 2005 Forest River Salem fifth wheel.On our last trip, the 12 volt system started going completely off at times when we would turn of a light or otherwise change the load on the system.The 12 volt system would then stay of...

WDE by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Onboard generator 1987 Lakeview Suncrest

So I recently bought this RV for $2000. They guy threw in a generator that needed a pull cord replaced (which he didn't know how to do) but the RV had a onboard generator. I really want to get it working, if for nothing else as a backup in case the o...

nuget102 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator stopped working

My Dometic fridge in my fifth wheel has been stored for awhile. When I turned it on it did light up and then when I switched to gas it went out,everything. No inside door light, no power at all. Checked fuses,all good. I cant figure this one. Maybe y...

Bluhorn by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes