cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't use Bristol Sink basket strainers

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced the two basket strainers today in the kitchen sink and I will never use ones made by Bristal again.
It took me longer to get the shrink wrap that seemed to be glued to them off then it did to do the whole job, and some of it on the underside would not come off at all. Then I had to reuse the large rubber washers that came with the original ones, since they didn't include them.
I got this at Campers World, and if I hadn't already opened them up, I would have returned them.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
4 REPLIES 4

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I bought strainers that fit a bar sink, matched perfectly.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gdetrailer wrote:

Typically a new basket at Lowes or Homedepot will cost $2 or there abouts which is most likely a lot less than Camping World..

If basket is same size. I didn't have to replace the basket yet, but RV use a weird 1.5" pipe. It is 1.5" ID but a thinner wall than a standard residential 1.5" pipe, so all the fittings are different from residential. It's only after the drain elbow when it becomes a normal size plumbing. I think they did this on purpose, to keep a price monopoly on weird plumbing.

capndan77
Explorer
Explorer
Camping world has always refunded anything that didn't work for me, wrapped or not. I wouldn't hesitate to take them back. No way for you to know if they worked unless you unwrapped them. Besides, they need to know when they are selling junk!

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
You do realize that you can often find nearly every size basket strainers known to man kind at your local Lowes or Home Depot?

Take your old basket to one of the home improvement stores then match the size..

Typically a new basket at Lowes or Homedepot will cost $2 or there abouts which is most likely a lot less than Camping World..