On low amperage, hoping I can find one
that will run off the 2000 Honda gen
an still keep our full size frig running

(Houseboat issue)
18 REPLIES 18

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not necessarily about power requirements, but I recommend rethinking an electric smoker. We had one for about a year, and it just didn't do the trick. It was so well insulated that just sitting in the sun, turned off, it would reach nearly 170 degrees inside.

The smoke is created by the chips in a container on the heating element. If the heating element doesn't come on often enough, you don't get much smoke. The only time ours worked consistently was when it was cloudy, and below 50 degrees ambient temperature. We got rid of it and now use a propane smoker, and it is great.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

talotto
Explorer
Explorer
For a true smoker, look at one of the pellet grills. Traeger, Rec-Tec, Savannah Smoker, etc. True smoke, low wattage.
KG5PDS
2004 Itasca Meridian 36G
2004 HD Heritage Softail
2016 Jeep Wrangler
College Station, TX

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The eu2000i can pump out 1600 watts continuously so that should cover just about any of them that run off 1500 watts.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, I think that's a tall order. The heating element is going to be 1500 watts, which really isn't much to cook with. (like cooking with a space heater)

Can you power down the full frig while smoking? Door closed it will stay cold for a long time.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed