cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge Problems

js2500hd
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 10 year old Dometic 6 cubic foot Refrigerator/Freezer. It is very hot where I live 110+ we have our trailer plugged in and the fridge on. The freezer works perfect we can have new ice cubes about every 3 hrs. The refrigerator portion is not cooling at all the fins are only slightly cool and even before dawn when the outside temp is 85 the fridge will only cool down to 60.

Do I have a bad refrigerator or has something in the back come loose and the fins are not touching the evaporator???
4 REPLIES 4

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
mine did this it was the door gasket,heres how to check ,put a bungee cord across the dor to pull it snug 8hrs later see if temp is dropping, the fans are a huge help.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the light is going out when you close the door- if the LAT switch is on, it will do that ( if you have the LAT switch on your model).
-- Chris Bryant

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Need to shade the outside behind the fridge, and install outside circulator fans. Also check fridge door seals for leakage. A circulator fan inside the fridge will help also. Check vents above fridge for blockage, bird nests... Remember that the heat inside the fridge has to go outside, and at +110, there is not much of anywhere to go to.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you have a blockage in cooling unit between 'low temp evaporator' (freezer) and the 'high temp evaporator' (food section)

Band-aid fix........rubber hammer tapping or sander w/o sand paper vibrating on absorber tubes (large slanted tubing)to see IF (BIG IF) you can get flow.

Unfortunately even IF you do it will only be temporary.

Best plan on replacing cooling unit or replacing fridge.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31