cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frosting in freezer

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had to replace our old fridge back in January. The new fridge works great, everything nice and cold. The only issue we have is we keep getting frost in the freezer in the middle of the door. Never had that happen with the old unit. And the back wall seems to be frosting up quicker. Seals seem to be sealing up properly. Has anyone else encounter this and do you have any tips or tricks that I might try? Unit is a Dometic 2652.
Thanks for your help.
Little by little, one travels far - J.R.R. Tolkien
There ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. - Mark Twain
5 REPLIES 5

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quick update on my problem and the final fix.
I tried heating the seals (thanks again for that tip). They appeared to be sealing to the frame fine. Checked door alignment, all looked good. Still had frost. I did some further reading in the manuals and noticed a suggestion to caulk between the outer frame and inner liner. I tried caulking the freezer. Better, but not perfect. I then caulked the fridge section too. Success! On my original fridge the freezer door would have a suction and be impossible to open immediately after closing. New one wouldn't do that, until after I caulked. Now it sucks down tight just like the original. I don't know why I had to do the caulking to get it to seal right, but whatever works. Thanks again for your taking the time to help me with this.
There ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. - Mark Twain

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Take 4 cotton balls.
Place one in each corner UNDER the freezer door seal
Then use a hair dryer and warm the seal completely.

2 people.2 hair dryers works best

When the seal is completely warmed...close the door and let it cool...this will reset the seals to frame
After cooling completely remove the cotton balls

Door should be aligned with frame......
See pg 18 for tips on adjusting doors
Service Manual

Thanks! I will give this a try.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take 4 cotton balls.
Place one in each corner UNDER the freezer door seal
Then use a hair dryer and warm the seal completely.

2 people.2 hair dryers works best

When the seal is completely warmed...close the door and let it cool...this will reset the seals to frame
After cooling completely remove the cotton balls

Door should be aligned with frame......
See pg 18 for tips on adjusting doors
Service Manual
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Katdaddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Frost is from moisture
Moisture from opening/closing freezer door.
Moisture from door seals leaking
Moisture from warm unfrozen foods placed in freezer

Got that. The door opening/closing has been kept to a minimum, no warm foods placed in freezer. Everything is put in house fridge/freezer first. I figure door seals are the problem. I haven't been able to find anything on adjusting them.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Frost is from moisture
Moisture from opening/closing freezer door.
Moisture from door seals leaking
Moisture from warm unfrozen foods placed in freezer
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31