cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

gas refrig not starting

gocamping14
Explorer
Explorer
on the road in va. gas refrig. not igniting. have gas, good battery, currently hooked up to shore power. any suggestions, thanks...........ss
11 REPLIES 11

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dometic fridges (at least) have a gas shut-off valve at the burner assembly. If it's shut off, obviously the fridge won't light. You might look for something like this. On mine, the valve looks rather like a knurled set screw and turns a quarter turn, and is hidden behind the added sheet metal put in with the recall work.

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
On mine I have a small gas flow valve in the outside refer panel. Over time I've had to adjust it to allow more gas to flow. That did it for me.
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
New generator control boards do have LED on them, that will flash a code.
Check if you have one of those.
If cleaning the burner is not helping, new board would be next suggestion.

kennyzzz
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like rust flakes on the burner, when mine did it, i took off the inspection cover,, it looked clean, but would not fire up, vacuumed it out,, it worked , then stopped, vacumed again and worked. i think the heat worked some more lose.
Chevy 2008 1500 X-cab 5.3 373 posi 4x4 z-71
2003 jayco quest 190 4059 lbs.
2004 Northern light 8.5

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Had a recurring problem with my '94 Flair that the fridge would not start because a tiny piece of carbon would bridge the gap between the ingiter points so it couldn't spark. Just open up the access panel and clear that gap and it was good to go.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I do have a much older rig but I find I need to blow out and clean the burner area if mine gives any problem lighting the gas.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Does the other propane appliances work?
Can you hear the ignitor clicking when you turn the refer on? Stand by the refer exterior access while helper turns the refer on to propane.
Does it work on 120 volts?
Check the burner area for debris around the burner.
Check the ignitor and flame sensor to make sure they are adjusted correctly.
Make and model of the refer?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
When was the last time it worked on gas? Igniter works on 12v do you have 12v at the igniter?
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tried turning it off?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gocamping14
Explorer
Explorer
2012 prime time tracer dometic refrig. never had an issue with system lighting before

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
might help to know what kind of rig and how old.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman