cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas treatment

Robert812
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, question if I can. Does anyone use a gas treatment for their generator? I read about PRI-G it being a good product for my
champion 4000/3500 generator. What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks and safe camping..
30 REPLIES 30

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I use gasoline to operate, white gas to store and with the money I save I sit in the shade and sip a cool one.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Someone please post a picture of a carb bowl containing/ anything in it that could possibly be blamed on to E-10. Every bowl I've removed for the sole purpose of finding the KA KA that is left by e-10, has been spotless inside, and I've posted pics of them.
I just wish I'd have bought stock in additives when it was dirt cheap
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

EldIr
Explorer
Explorer
Ethanol free gas
Stabil for storage and
2-stroke marine oil as a fuel additive(all the time)
'01 Burb 2500 4x4 496/4.10 (3.73 effective w/ new tires)
'94 Jayco 300BH

SaltiDawg
Explorer
Explorer
RGordon wrote:
I use non-ethanol off road gasoline and do not require any additives to my Onan 5500 built-in generator.

This confuses me because long before ethanol was an additive to gasoline I seemed able to gum up a carb on lawn mowers and chainsaws without breaking a sweat.:)

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
RGordon wrote:
I use non-ethanol off road gasoline and do not require any additives to my Onan 5500 built-in generator.

I use ethanol on road gasoline and do not require any additive in
my Onan. Honda 1K, 2 stroke tiller, Lawnmower, Suzuski 650 MC or Honda outboard.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
If you are into sea foam, do a little googling and there is a simple formula for home made sea foam.

Works for me and the cost is a pittance compared.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
RGordon wrote:

Great.... *IF* you can find it.

In some states stations selling same are VERY, very few -
and VERY, very "far between"..:(

~

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
I have read on this forum several boasts about the virtues of Sea Foam as a gas treatment. Well I never used it until 4 weeks ago `when my Snapper lawn mower with Briggs engine started loading up and surging like it was flooding and running rich with black smoke. So I put 1 ounce of Sea foam in the mower gas tank and mowed the lawn, it still ran rough. Repeated the treatment in a week and mowed the lawn. I thought this is not going to work but I tried it again the third week and guess what? It ran smooth all the time I was cutting the lawn. Made a believer out of me. Just takes time I guess. sea foam is going in the MH tank very soon to treat the Onan.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

RGordon
Explorer
Explorer
Ron & Libby Gordon
07 Ford F350 Dually Tow Boss Diesel
07 Mobile Suites 38RL3 #3698
02 Winnebago Adventurer 35U V10 (Former RV)
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

Robert812
Explorer
Explorer
Just look it up with bing or another search. On amazon it's a little pricey,but
after reading the 3 page doc. it says 3 year tank life with 9month adjusting.
this is new to me, but after reading about it. 16oz bottle does 256 gals. just want this for my gen. never heard anything about oil but would just change that out anyway. just my thoughts. PRI-G

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use Stabil along with an occasional bottle of Seafoam.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Previously used Sta-Bil until about three or four years ago than I switched to Sea-Foam which I find better overall. I use it in my Generator, Garden Tractor, Lawn Mower, etc. Each of which starts up almost immediately no matter how long they sit between use. I'm sure either product is better than none at all..
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Sta-Bil for years with good results. Recently switched over to the Blue Marine Sta-bil and still seems to work fine. I add Sea-Foam to the oil just prior to changing it. I also am amazed at how well the Sea-Foam fogging spray works on the generators carburetor.

This is the first I have heard of PRI-G and would like to hear more from experienced users. Ya never know, I though Sta-Bil was the cats meow until I discovered Sea-Foam.
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sta-Bil
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

swburbguy
Explorer
Explorer
I use sea-foam its a stabilizer and fuel cleaner in one.