Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generac Generator Issue, Help Please

E_mc2
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,

I have been trying to help out my brother with his generator issue and I am out of ideas and I hope one of you can help.

His rig is a 2002 Layton toy hauler 24 feet. It came with an on board Generac with remote start and all that. As of two trips ago, It will start and run for about 5 sec and then shuts down. The reason it shuts down is that it blows a fuse on the front of the generator. If you replace the fuse it starts back up and runs for a few seconds again. I want to think it is some sort of short, but I am unable to find anything. I have removed it from the trailer and and gave it the once over but I didnt find anything glaringly wrong. I also unwired the generator (110 Volt) from the trailer and no change.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2007 GMC Sierra 2500
2009 Weekend Warrior Superlite
B&W Companion
2006 Arctic Cat 650 H1 (x2 His and Hers)
An Awesome Family!
3 REPLIES 3

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Which fuse is it? I would start by searching for a manual using the model #. There is a fuse that is tied to the control board and 1 for the generator winding. So you have to determine which one it is. On the Generac are 2 sensors Hi-temp and Low oil pressure, neither one are tied to a fuse.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
Does that generator have a Low Oil Sensor? If so, might not hurt to disconnect and see if you get any better results. Have you tried contacting Tech Svcs at Generac, I understand they are most helpful. Safew travels.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
If it's blowing fuses then as you said there is probably a short somewhere. The big question is where and is it something you can tinker with to fix. You can try searching on line for the electrical schematic for the generator which would help in tracing the problem.