cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I am terribly sorry

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry that I lost my temper yesterday, in the car thread. I hope you folks can forgive me.

I have been having a very difficult time, due to the pit bull attack on my cat, my own health issues, potential legal issues with the dog owner, and no sleep as a result of all of this.

I did not mean to single anyone out. It can be a fine line, in text interactions, between not allowing other people to be obnoxious and being obnoxious in return, when defending oneself. I guess I went over that line.

Westend, my comment was not directed at you specifically -- I was trying to say the opposite, that you were someone I respected. I failed at that. I have been so grateful for your help in the solar threads and elsewhere.

I hope you folks will not continue to think of me as an azzhat, but more just as a person who got overwhelmed.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
18 REPLIES 18

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
My cat Spike, who shared me with the DW and who really loved her too, traveled with us on one biggy, 12000 miles to and from AK. He had to be euthanized in 2005 at 18 yoa and we decided no more. That was so we could mourn and there wasn't anyone at our home to care for another while we were on the road or flying around. Very hard thing to do.

Lately there have been a lot, maybe hundreds of Rescued Pets shown on local TV stations and our youngest and her kids each got one. Now I want one. I need an adult guy, we just finished refurbishing our home and we don't want a kitten learning to be a grownup doing it on our drapes and furniture. I'm finding it hard to think of replacing spike, would any other cat play fetch with me, he wore me out throwing those balls and making me go get them. Sleeping next to me, never on me, just touching me as he laid next to me. God Bless, Naio, it's so hard to deal with the trauma and you weren't rude just expressing your love and frustration at a senceless trauma.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Yeah- a bit over 6 weeks ago one of our cats- Grace- had a bit of a swollen cheek. Took him in to the vet for dental work. Wound up being Squamous cell oral cancer- very fast moving and painful.
We kept him comfortable and fixed what food he could eat, until last week he stopped eating and was in obvious pain, so we had to euthanize him last Friday. He was a bit over 10 years old, arrived a feral cat, left a very loved and spoiled one.

That's a beautiful cat, Chris. I had a black cat that travelled for 17-years with me. If poor health doesn't get 'em, old age will. Get another cat, is my best advise.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
I'm so sorry that I lost my temper yesterday, in the car thread. I hope you folks can forgive me.

I have been having a very difficult time, due to the pit bull attack on my cat, my own health issues, potential legal issues with the dog owner, and no sleep as a result of all of this.

I did not mean to single anyone out. It can be a fine line, in text interactions, between not allowing other people to be obnoxious and being obnoxious in return, when defending oneself. I guess I went over that line.

Westend, my comment was not directed at you specifically -- I was trying to say the opposite, that you were someone I respected. I failed at that. I have been so grateful for your help in the solar threads and elsewhere.

I hope you folks will not continue to think of me as an azzhat, but more just as a person who got overwhelmed.
Where's the threads??:h

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
Is that a Rag Doll?

:B, pretty much. Actually he was a Himalayan flame point Siamese. That cat was so laid back, we could all take a lesson in life from him.

We took off to Florida in the Class A and that Rag Doll cat howled for 20 minutes loudly. I thought great, this is going to be one long trip. After the 20 minutes was over he looked around, figured this was his new lifestyle, and enjoyed every minute of those next five years.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
Is that a Rag Doll?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

westend
Explorer
Explorer
In the spirit of everything warm and fuzzy, here is Ms. Kitty Longbranch and her new brood of polecats:

I already have the single male (Matt Dillon) picked out for long term herding at the Westend Ponderosa.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The instability of her RV did not get addressed - at all. Makes me wonder how important the issue is ( or isn't).

Stranger
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, Naio. That took some stones. I'm impressed. Thank you for being human!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting "Wow, what a ride!".
2012 Mesa Ridge 345RLS
2002 RAM 3500

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
HEY!! Don't do that again. ;-}

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Allow me to offer an observation. You are challenged in this forum because you seek advice while withholding personal information- which is fine. But consider whether you are withholding the right type of information to to best protect your interests.

I believe you've shared enough details of your personal circumstances already to enable someone who is aquainted with you to recognize you.

At the same time you don't share details of the equipment you use, as a form of privacy.

Think about reversing that.

Get a new user ID from the admin. Share nothing about your personal life story. Share openly regarding RV equipment and technical specifications. No one is identifiable because they're asking questions about an E-250 for example. Vehicles -even RV's- are just fish in the ocean. I can tell you everything about my vehicles except the VIN number, and you'll never be able to know if I'm in the campsite next door or on the other side of the country.

Unless your home on wheels has some really unique attributes no one can find it. I've not seen it described as such. OTOH if the descriptions are obfuscated in order to conceal you, you'll never get good advice from people that want to help either.

Just my .02
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Did I miss all the yellin & cussin? GHAAA...I miss ALL the fun.:S
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah- a bit over 6 weeks ago one of our cats- Grace- had a bit of a swollen cheek. Took him in to the vet for dental work. Wound up being Squamous cell oral cancer- very fast moving and painful.
We kept him comfortable and fixed what food he could eat, until last week he stopped eating and was in obvious pain, so we had to euthanize him last Friday. He was a bit over 10 years old, arrived a feral cat, left a very loved and spoiled one.

-- Chris Bryant

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Some pet's become family members, and it is every bit as stressful to us when they become injured.

Ours was 28 years old of which we had him for 20. The last five years he snow birded with us. He was the only reason we even got into RV'ing. At 23 we couldn't find anyone that would take him, and I just couldn't put him down so I bought a Class A so he could come with us.

He brought much joy to our condo on wheels (the COW.) ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope life becomes normal for you once again.

Duke, "The King"

Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Wait...what? Man! I miss all the good stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do hope your cat is recovering nicely, Naio.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!