cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

InteliPower 9100 series Charge Wizard

truepath
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering how the Charge Wizard on an InteliPower 9100 series converter deals with charging two 12 volt batteries (one starting battery and one house battery). The two batteries are combined with a Smart Power 1315 battery separator. Does the fact that two batteries are charging at the same time work or does it confuse the Wizard? Also, does the fact that the 1315 itself uses some of the available charging voltage degrade or effect the charging? Thanks for any help in clarifying this issue.
8 REPLIES 8

truepath
Explorer
Explorer
I've finished the dual battery modifications. I added the battery wizard to the converter and it works great. The rest of the battery system separator consists of a Smart Power 1315 and also a 100 amp switchable circuit breaker at the starter battery. I decided to use this kind of circuit breaker so that I can easily disconnect the starting battery from the rest of the system. There is also a resettable breaker at the converter on the wire from the auxiliary battery. Here is a photo of the separator and switchable breaker.

DryCamper11
Explorer
Explorer
truepath wrote:
Does the fact that two batteries are charging at the same time work or does it confuse the Wizard? Also, does the fact that the 1315 itself uses some of the available charging voltage degrade or effect the charging? Thanks for any help in clarifying this issue.

The Wizard does nothing more than change the charge voltage based on a time schedule. It doesn't care if there are two batteries or more. The 1315 seems to use a relay (which I think is optimal due to the zero voltage drop) and the small current it draws will have no more effect than the small current your refrigerator or other 12V draw would have.

So, as others have posted, it will work fine, and I think you made a great selection of components.
In the Boonies!

truepath
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
Curiosity, what is the 1513 ?

It is a device that separates one battery from another to prevent the more highly charged battery from discharging to the lower charged battery. It also allows the batteries to be charged simultaneously from a charging source (alternator, generator or shore power). Here is a link to one of the suppliers who sells it: 1315

DryCamper11
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:

He probably means the 1315. ๐Ÿ™‚
In the Boonies!

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

truepath
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I just added both the 1513 and the Wizard which is a major upgrade from my previous setup (an isolator and no staged charging).

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Been there, done exactly that for many years,.....never a problem.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad