cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is our Dometic Refrigerator Ruined

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Dometic RM 2852 2-way refrigerator in our 2008 Bigfoot camper and after trips the wife shuts it off and props the doors open with the little blue taps that came with the unit. Although this last time she forgot to turn off the refrigerator and left it on AC power as we always plug the camper into the house power. I noticed it was on a week later and wonder if this would ruin anything on the refrigerator. I have not had a chance to turn it back on to see if it cools because we are out of town but I am wondering if when we go to use it will it work. Thanks for the replys in advance.
Happy TC'N,
David

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I have no idea if it will harm it or not. But my gut feeling, and if it was my RV, I wouldn't worry about it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
It might have a long term effect, it they are designed for X thousand hours of run time. But probably no immediate effect.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did the same thing for 2 days and everything was ok

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
Do you mean it was running nonstop because she left it on with the door open?
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/