cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Converter

Trixie47
Explorer
Explorer
Our converter went bad and we had a new one put in. I went in the 5th wheel bedroom and had light on to make the bed and I could here the fan running on the converter. I never heard the fan run from the old converter, is this something that happens with replacements ??? Basically new to alot of this and don't want any fires !!! We have 2012 Keystone Avalanche 330RE. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance ! :?
2008 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab DW
2012 Keystone Avalanche...4 Slides
5 REPLIES 5

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
To my knowledge our Progressive Dynamics fan never runs, adequate ventilation runs cool.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trixie47 wrote:
Our converter went bad and we had a new one put in. I went in the 5th wheel bedroom and had light on to make the bed and I could here the fan running on the converter. I never heard the fan run from the old converter, is this something that happens with replacements ??? Basically new to alot of this and don't want any fires !!! We have 2012 Keystone Avalanche 330RE. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance ! :?

If the converter has a load on it like low batteries or many lights and fans on, then it will heat up and its fan will come on like it is supposed to.

After a while camping, the vent cover over the converter may suck in lots of dog hair etc, so the fan comes on more often. In that case take off the vent cover and clean out the area behind it.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Lspangler wrote:
The WFCO often has to crank the fan with just a few lights on. Your old converter probably had a bad fan which made the converter fail.

Linc

This! It's doing exactly what it needs too.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Lspangler
Explorer
Explorer
The WFCO often has to crank the fan with just a few lights on. Your old converter probably had a bad fan which made the converter fail.

Linc

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Probably normal but check the batteries for excessive heat or gassing.
Post the converter model number for best answers.