cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lithium cost keep dropping!

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
A FYI only, I haven’t checked into Amazon’s LiFePO4 offerings in quite some time, but just saw this today, 100a/h and 10 year warranty for $338 with $50 coupon applied…I have no experience with this particular brand (I have Aims), so I make no claims as to it’s performance, but the Lithium value quotient is becoming something to consider…

https://www.amazon.com/Enjoybot-100Ah-2000-5000-Lifetime-Off-grid/dp/B09CPWMZBZ/ref=sr_1_42?crid=30WW8IZY0IEBH&dchild=1&keywords=lithium+rv+battery+100ah&qid=1631671328&sprefix=Lithium+Rv%2Caps%2C245&sr=8-42

3 tons
58 REPLIES 58

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the graph above^^^ explains a lot. So, do you under size the AH and draw them down more than 80% so when you replace the price will be even lower?
time2roll wrote:
Ivylog wrote:
Searched AliExpress and found 8-280AH cells for $358…560AH of batteries for probably $500…90 cents/AH. Today I searched again and found 8-310AH cells for $346. Add $84 for 2 BMS (200A is big enough) and $50 in cables… 620AH for $580…91 cents making them as cheap as lead/acid but probably 5X the life.

Probably fraud at that price. You will never receive them.

Even the 310 is a deception. The real spec on EVE and CATL is 302 or 304 but often test initially at 310 but it is not the rating.

AliExpress is a swap meet inside a dumpster fire. Easy to get burned on buying junk.

If you are not paying close to $100 per cell for these 280-310 they probably have issues.

Got confirmation that they’ve been shipped. Time will tell.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
For the $349 Enjoybot lifepo4 100ah battery from there literature...

Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
They supposedly commit Seppuku if drained lower than a certain percentage of capacity. 20%?

Is a 100 amp hour *rated* lithium battery really an 80 amp hours usable battery?
Fully 100% usable. BMS will protect you from Seppuku. Need to refer to the manufacturer on expected life.
Some might already be derated to 80%.

Although I would find it oddly difficult to use precisely 80% or 100% on any random day.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
They supposedly commit Seppuku if drained lower than a certain percentage of capacity. 20%?

Is a 100 amp hour *rated* lithium battery really an 80 amp hours usable battery?

Solar panel wattage is measured at the equator on July 1 at noon on a clear day.

Atop a 15,000 ft Andes mountain peak?

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
What is the USUABLE amp hours of a "100 amp hour" lithium battery?
Or is it hypothetical like solar panel wattage as measured on the planet Mercury?

Mex..
Solar panel wattage is measured at the equator on July 1 at noon on a clear day. :B

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Or is it hypothetical like solar panel wattage as measured on the planet Mercury?
Sweet spot is up to 80% for 4000 to 6000 cycles.
100% maybe 3000 cycles or almost 10 years for daily cycling.
This rating drops you to 80% capacity. Possibly still very usable.

For many of us it could prove to be the last battery we buy.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Just got 12 EVE 280ah cells, had them in six working days from order. Building three 280ah packs.

EVE 280ah cells

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you look on the back of a Chin's battery,it says made by Enjoybot which is advertised as having cold temp cut off and for $349..Very good price and battery for $349 with ot without cold temp cut off..

I bought one and am very happy with it so far..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
PerryB67 wrote:
Love the advertising:

"Local US Warehouse" that builds my confidence.

"No poisonous lead/harmful sulfuric acid" Let's see, lead acid batteries are extremely easy to recycle, whereas lithium iron phosphate is the opposite.

There is no free lunch.

Enjoy,

Perry

Pls stop the fake news.

Lithium can be recycled just as well maybe even easier.
No acid in them!

Also Lithium batts will OUTLAST lead acid many times over.

And have many advantages namely less weight and can be discharged completely without degradation.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Just to be fair England is experiencing the highest inflation rate in the last 10 years. Canada inflation rate is rampant. Neither country has had an election in the last few years.

Where do you get such skewed info from?

In 2020, the average inflation rate in Canada was approximately 0.72 percent compared to the previous years./quote Google

Btw Canada Liberal gov sent me 100$ out of the blue just before election,not sure why,probably a bribe LOL

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
jonaz wrote:
Im investing in crypto 🙂

You should watch this advice then

https://youtu.be/HaJpYjO136o

Imo crypto will get banned by the Fed eventualy,
bc its basicaly like counterfit money used to avoid payin taxes.
Btw
China did ban BTC and other crypto already,
do they know something we dont?

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
I wish I knew how to judge the quality of those batteries.

Check DYI solar Will Prowse chanel,hes testing all kinds of stuff.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Ivylog wrote:
Searched AliExpress and found 8-280AH cells for $358…560AH of batteries for probably $500…90 cents/AH. Today I searched again and found 8-310AH cells for $346. Add $84 for 2 BMS (200A is big enough) and $50 in cables… 620AH for $580…91 cents making them as cheap as lead/acid but probably 5X the life.
Probably fraud at that price. You will never receive them.

Even the 310 is a deception. The real spec on EVE and CATL is 302 or 304 but often test initially at 310 but it is not the rating.

AliExpress is a swap meet inside a dumpster fire. Easy to get burned on buying junk.

If you are not paying close to $100 per cell for these 280-310 they probably have issues.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
In another forum I mentioned earlier this year I’d built 600AH of Lithium batteries for $1200 plus 15 hours of my time making them price competitive to AGMs but 2-3X the life…$2/AH.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...