cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for input on economical 12v deep cycle batteries.

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Replacing 2 12v deep cycle batteries for the RV.

Almost never set up without 30 or 50 amp service.

Would like to keep the cost at less than $180 for the pair.

What suggestions/recommendations do you have for reasonably priced 12v deep cycle batteries, limiting size to about 12 inches wide?

TIA
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB
18 REPLIES 18

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Winged One wrote:
Almost never set up without 30 or 50 amp service.

You only need one cheap battery! No need to buy two, and an expensive true deep cycle is not necessary. All you need is a 12 volt battery to supply 12 volts when not connected to shore power (which is almost never).

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you will have a tough time trying to find true 12v deep cycle batteries for $90 each.
You could get two GC-2 (6 volt - 220-230 AH) deep cycle for about $180.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Wal mart x2.

I have used the same 2 WalMart Marine Deep Cycle batteries for the RV and the boat for 4-5 years. I take them out of the RV to use in the boat to troll with the electric motor and start the big engine. When I take them out I put a battery I keep around for the tractor in the RV. It is about a 10 yr old 750 cold cranking amp wal mart car battery but still starts the tractor every year.

I have had two Wal Mart batteries in the Silverado for 6 years.

I tried 6V Golf Cart batteries from Sams Club for a few years but they are so heavy, big and if one goes south you should buy two new ones to replace it. They only lasted about 4 years before one quit holding a charge.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walmart has all sorts of cheap batteries. If you dont need the power simply buy one and be done with it.