cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LP gas detector issue

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
For some reason there is something triggering this stupid thing while I am traveling down the road. It wouldnt really be an issue but the dog rides in the 5er while on the road. My tanks have been turned off since it started warming up so I just dont get it.

Wondering if there is a chance that exhaust fumes from the truck may have something in them setting it off. I decided on the way home to just pull the fuse.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS
11 REPLIES 11

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with a well behaved dog riding in the trailer. He loves it, and just lays at the top of the steps and watches out the back window. He dont care where he rides as long as he gets to go for a ride, besides he's just too damned big to sit in the bucket seats in the truck.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never knew about the 7 yr limit, so learned something again on this forum. ๐Ÿ™‚ Ours is 10 yrs old no problem, but now I know.

As a dog owner I am horrified the dog rides in the trailer. (getting sea-sick isn't even close) Just not on! But you also see people with their dogs in the truck bed going down the road too. Sort of a redneck thing I guess. ๐Ÿ˜ž (Yes, I should mind my own business! )
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Well the trailer is a 2005 so I guess 7 years are up. Time for a new one.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
Both my smoke detector and LP detector had 5 year replace by stickers on them. Both died in the sixth year.
The LP detector would alert for no reason and the smoke detector started chirping every 30 seconds which according to the little manual that came with it indicated a replacement was needed.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
They have a date on the back. Replace after 7 years or manufacturer recommendations. That includes smoke detectors, CO2 detectors and LP detectors.
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
The propane detector, the type that shuts of the tank if activated is the only detector that has never given me any trouble in 3 RVs, and it it the only detector in my RV that is still connected.
My point being,......a detector only gives me grief one time !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Safe T Alert says to replace at five years.
Bill and Debbie
2007.5 SILVERADO HD DA CREWCAB LTZ 4X4 ARE CAP
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^^^
What he said...
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have read here that a gaseous dog will set them off.....:)

Maybe check it's food before traveling.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
Didnt know they ever wore out. I thought they lasted forever like a smoke detector
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Low battery voltage will set them off. I'm willing to bet it is the original detector. If so it should be replaced, it has passed it's 7 year rated lifespan.
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel