Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LPG Filler advice please

ceejayt
Explorer
Explorer
Hi

I am bringing my UK A Class to the US. I have an underslung 90 litre LPG tank which I fill using a series of screw in adaptors depending on which European country I am in.

Can anyone tell me if there is a standard adaptor for US and Canada which is likely to fit or have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance
21 REPLIES 21

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
The other end is permanently attached to the pump. The end with the MIcrometrs is what goes into your tank
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

ceejayt
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
This is what we use

Thanks - can you show me the other end that connects to the pump?

ceejayt
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
ceejayt wrote:
I am bringing my UK A Class to the US.

Benefit of the doubt says you've already researched this BUT I'll ask anyway ... you sure you really want to do this? Standards and regulations here in N America are entirely different than in the UK and Europe so aside from any legal issues you might run into I could see you having all sorts of difficulties using a UK Class A here in N America, especially with propane gas and electrical. Or maybe you already have this figured out? :h

All sorted - shipping for 9 months, insurance covered and voltage converter- well tried route with Seabridge on a Ro Ro ferry from Antwerp to Baltimore. Insurance for the period as well.

ceejayt
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

This is what I have for Europe

http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/uk-bayonet-w21-8-to-all-europe-adapters-set/

Just wondering if the thread is the same?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yikes.

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what we use

Traveling with my best friend my wife!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
ceejayt wrote:
I am bringing my UK A Class to the US.

Benefit of the doubt says you've already researched this BUT I'll ask anyway ... you sure you really want to do this? Standards and regulations here in N America are entirely different than in the UK and Europe so aside from any legal issues you might run into I could see you having all sorts of difficulties using a UK Class A here in N America, especially with propane gas and electrical. Or maybe you already have this figured out? :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380