Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lubricating the Schwintek(Lippert) RV Slide out

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Thor Chateau 22B Queen Bed slide out

Any links or videos on how to do maintenance and lubrication on the Schwintek(Lippert) RV Slide out?
How do you do yours, any tips or tricks?

How often do you do yours?

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug,
Almost there....

"No, because I bend the tube on the can and I know how to spray from the outside to get the internal areas lubed. Doug"

With the video as reference can you briefly explain how to lube from the outside only? I assume it is the inside gib is the target?

Thanks

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
AlwaysDreaming wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Since LCI approved CRC 2 years ago, I have used it extensively. It quiets down the squeaky type noise that the nylon blocks on the Schwintek have. And yes, I am an RV Technician. I don't lube the outer visible tracks, just behind the wipe seal on the transmission driveshaft area. Doug

Doug,
Do you also lube from the inside just behind the inside wipe seal as the LCI Tech says to do in the video?

Thanks

No, because I bend the tube on the can and I know how to spray from the outside to get the internal areas lubed. Doug

PS, thanks to this Forum(over 2 years ago), I KNEW about the change of LCI advising to lube. Someone posted the You Tube Video from LCI showing that lube procedure. 2 weeks after it was posted by LCI, we had the LCI training Tech come to the dealership to give a presentation on how to Service various LCI products. Since I am a PITA. I asked the training tech about lubing the mechanism and he was adamant that you NEVER use any lube on the Schwintek system. He was using a Powerpoint presentation connected to the Internet. I then had him go to LCI's You Tube channel and he had to watch his cohort showing what and how to lube the slide system. Made for a good laugh. HE was not laughing:B

LOL.......that has been my experience also in the dozen or so times I have had the displeasure of dealing with Lippert. Talk about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, they excel at it. If they spent as much time learning about what they actually manufacture instead of learning methods to skate around and not honor their warranties, which they are **** good at by the way, then they would be actually be doing something. The one thing I have found that's consistent with LCI is inconsistency, and incompetence.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
AlwaysDreaming wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Since LCI approved CRC 2 years ago, I have used it extensively. It quiets down the squeaky type noise that the nylon blocks on the Schwintek have. And yes, I am an RV Technician. I don't lube the outer visible tracks, just behind the wipe seal on the transmission driveshaft area. Doug

Doug,
Do you also lube from the inside just behind the inside wipe seal as the LCI Tech says to do in the video?

Thanks

No, because I bend the tube on the can and I know how to spray from the outside to get the internal areas lubed. Doug

PS, thanks to this Forum(over 2 years ago), I KNEW about the change of LCI advising to lube. Someone posted the You Tube Video from LCI showing that lube procedure. 2 weeks after it was posted by LCI, we had the LCI training Tech come to the dealership to give a presentation on how to Service various LCI products. Since I am a PITA. I asked the training tech about lubing the mechanism and he was adamant that you NEVER use any lube on the Schwintek system. He was using a Powerpoint presentation connected to the Internet. I then had him go to LCI's You Tube channel and he had to watch his cohort showing what and how to lube the slide system. Made for a good laugh. HE was not laughing:B

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

Doug,

Thanks

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Epitaph:

Schwintex Slide Mechanism

The only info on lubrication from Lippert is the video in this thread.
CRC Power Lube with PTFE is the MFG recommend lubricant.

Lubrication is not required for warranty to be valid

The slide typically does not fail due to lubrication. No recommended periodic lubrication.

There is no Thor or Lippert guidance on lubrication, except the video. Some say Lippert doesn't recommend it.

Videos on troubleshooting, controller override closure, and manual closing can be found on the LCI website as well as manuals:
https://www.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

Thanks everyone

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Being new to Motor coaches, I have hard time trusting anyone to work on a complicated system. And I don't want to be down for 2 months.

I am a "preventative maintenance" type guy. The slide is expensive and complex mechanism to repair. I want to do all I can to prevent problems and keep the warranty in tact.

Does anybody out there lube their schwintex slide system? Can you provide any info, tips, tricks? Any tech's out there that can help me?

Thanks to all

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
CRC lube is the ONLY lube to use. Doug

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
Lubricating Schwintek slides. Google is your friend:

2017 Thor Chateau 22B with Queen Slide Out

I watched the short video

Pretty good. Three questions:

The guy says "Lube it from the inside as well". Is that what you do? Do you do it with the slide open or closed or half way? How do you get the trim around the bed off?

How often do you lube it?

What about the rollers that bear the slide out wait, no lube?

As with everything RV there are tricks and tips, anybody have any?

Thanks

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lubricating Schwintek slides. Google is your friend:
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They say to spray the tracks with dry film lube but it doesn't seem to do much.