cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magnum ME 2012 Inverter Charger not providing 120VAC

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, the 120vac is shut down in the MH by the inverter. I have tried to reset the inverter to no avail. The inverter works fine but the reset on the charger does not. Troubleshooting in the manual only instructs to hold the reset button, any ideas or suggestion? I have 120vac from the shore pwr to the inverter - I have 120vac on the 50amp breaker at the pwr panel.
Paul127
45 REPLIES 45

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Corkey05, my version of the ME2012 does not have the resettable breakers. I wish it did.
Paul127

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Paul127 wrote:
Accsys - the model you reference is a MS2012....I have the ME2012 I just looked again and there are not resettable fuses on this model.
Not correct ... see page 18 of the ME2012 Manual. It's possible the breakers are optional, but I have a ME2012 and it has the breakers. I've reset one of them a few times.

Another way to reset the inverter is to unplug the cord to the inside remote, and plug it back in after about 10 seconds. The cord looks like a phone cord and the plug location is shown in the manual. The downside of unplugging the remote control panel is you may have to restore your personal settings afterwards. It's possible the remote has lost connection to the inverter and this method is like a reboot. the inverter portion doesn't know what to do without the remote control panel.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
What Fault Error is showing in the remote panel? It sounds as if you have a loose wire and if that is the case it would show "Internal Fault - Error 1"

There should be a small green led light on the bottom the Inverter and it should blink about ever 5 seconds, if it is not blinking there is a very small reset button next to it. Push that reset button a few times and hold it in until the light begins to blink. That will reset the Inverter. You will hear it reset itself as the light begins flashing. You may need to do it a second time if it re-trips.

There is a Factory Certified Tech for the Magnum Inverter in Washington, NC and he works the east coast of the US, his number is 858-204-8878 and his business name is Techmaster Marine.

I highly recommend him for service on the Magnum Inverters.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Paul127 wrote:
Accsys - the model you reference is a MS2012....I have the ME2012 I just looked again and there are not resettable fuses on this model.
there CAN be. You can order it with or without output breakers.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
Circuit breakers are optional?
ME 2012 Manual
I would check the incoming wiring to insure that the connections are good.
Have you checked your power management system to insure it is reading 30 amp shore power or have you tried switching manually?
There are number of available options.

Assuming he has the 3 CBs and the inverter works so the AC outputs and CBs are OK.

OP does the unit charge the battery? If so then the input AC is good and the problem is internal. If not check to see that you have incoming AC.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Circuit breakers are optional?
ME 2012 Manual
I would check the incoming wiring to insure that the connections are good.
Have you checked your power management system to insure it is reading 30 amp shore power or have you tried switching manually?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Paul127,

If there is no power to the 120 volt circuits that are "post inverter", when the inverter is off, then the transfer switch inside the inverter may have failed.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guys,

The 2012 has a 30A AC input and 2 20A outputs and each has a CB per the above photo. The default will passthrough 120V from it's 30A AC input (ie It has a automatic transfer capability). If there is no AC input and the inverter is turned on then the outputs are powered by the inverter from the battery. Otherwise the AC is passed through and used to charge the batteries.

A very common setup is that many plugs in the rig are connected to the 2012 output.

OP Remove the 2012 AC Access cover. Do you 120V on the input wire when connected to shore or gen? How about the 2 120V outputs. If you have input AC and no output the next step is to check power on the 3 CBs. Does the charger work because if so then the unit has input AC power and it's not the input CB.

There is no fuse for the DC lines. You'll probably find a large one like 200A near the battery. Besides yours is OK because the inverter is OK.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff - I did check the GFI and that seems OK
Paul127

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Your inverter is getting its power from the batteries. Doesn't seem to have a problem. The problem seems to be the charger side or before that.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Doug - I have no 120vac in the MH while plugged into shore power. The Magnum remote shows no power or charging of the batteries from being plugged in. If I turn on the inverter from the remote panel all of the circuits in the RV are powered (except roof AC's)
Paul127

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Pianotuna - if I turn off the inverter the inverter is off and I have no 120vac in the MH although I am plugged in
Paul127

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Paul127

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
It would be good if you could sketch out a schematic and post it as a picture. I still can't tell exactly how your IC is wired in.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Paul127
Explorer
Explorer
Corkey05, I have not been able to find the resettable breakers on this model. I have looked closely.
Paul127