cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help with RVA leveler springs

JerryNH
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Beaver Santiam with the RVA leveling system. i have talked to Dennis at RVA but he cannot help me with advice on removing the Rear springs on the leveler. I have taken the springs off the pad but cannot remove the top of the springs. Need help from someone who has changed these springs. Thanks
2002 Monaco Beaver
2015 Ford Edge toad w/ Brake Buddy
Blue Ox Aventa II tow bar
5 REPLIES 5

JerryNH
Explorer
Explorer
I would first like to thank you for responding. A sawsall does wonders. Once I had springs off and had a clear view I found that all I had to do was bend spring toward and around piston and it would have come off without cutting. Note, had to change because of lose of tension.
2002 Monaco Beaver

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
From looking at the pictures, you will have to remove the piston. What is the need for removing the springs?

You might be able to snap a pair of vise grips to the loop at the top of the sping and using a pry bar, pop the loop out of its hole.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

JerryNH
Explorer
Explorer
I do not think a picture is possibe but will try tomorrow. Yes the spring is hooked over the top but in order to get it off the spring has to be moved forward but the piston is in the way.
2002 Monaco Beaver

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
They are hooked just like the bottom on the pads. Doug

copy and paste. http://www.rvajacks.com/specs.php

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Picture would help in case no one has your unit and has removed the springs. Do they hook over the top like HWH?
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.