cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New brakes and new LED tail lights....what a great day :)

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
The weather was perfect today in Louisiana so I got busy ๐Ÿ™‚

I know I should have been camping, but that is coming. So I did the next best thing, turned up the country station, beer in hand and worked on the TT.

After 39,300 miles she got new brake assemblies and they are Dexter Nev-R-Adust. Also,new Dexter hubs, bearings, hardware.. etc.. from E-Trailer. I also, replaced the failing LED tail ligths with some new ones and greased the wet bolts.

I soldered and used shrink tubing on all the connections, my old brakes since new never pulled more than @ 10.5 amps. Now I tested the new brakes at 12 amps. ๐Ÿ™‚ perfect !!

Yes...it was a good day...

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion
6 REPLIES 6

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
ScottG those are Bargman #84 LEDs.

LearJet, I have those same LEDs. Although they are bright, they do not last.

So far I am getting about 2 camping season or about 3,000 miles on them.

They are total junk and I regret buying them since the replacement modules cost $38 EACH.

You will need to do what I do, buy and keep several of those modules with you at all times.

I have found it cheaper to buy the two module unit like you have since it is cheaper than buying the individual replacement modules.

Yeah, I know they have a "limited lifetime warranty" but keep in mind YOU must box them up and ship them back to Bargman at YOUR EXPENSE which IS NOT FREE or cheap. The shipping alone is nearly half the cost of a replacement module...

Sorry to here that, my last pair of Westbar lights that were made for a boat trailer and was "water proof" had water in them and a dim row.

Oh well, we'll see ๐Ÿ˜ž
B&W Ram Companion

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Nice! I have two questions..
Can you feel a difference in stopping power?

What type of tail lights did you replace?

Thanks,
Scott

I've only towed it back to my storage unit 12 miles away. I did activate the brakes many times so they could self adjust. Brakes are better than what I had before, but I also had several issues with the old ones. I did have one that was colder than the other 3 when I got to my storage unit, so I have to put some more miles and re-check them.
B&W Ram Companion

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG those are Bargman #84 LEDs.

LearJet, I have those same LEDs. Although they are bright, they do not last.

So far I am getting about 2 camping season or about 3,000 miles on them.

They are total junk and I regret buying them since the replacement modules cost $38 EACH.

You will need to do what I do, buy and keep several of those modules with you at all times.

I have found it cheaper to buy the two module unit like you have since it is cheaper than buying the individual replacement modules.

Yeah, I know they have a "limited lifetime warranty" but keep in mind YOU must box them up and ship them back to Bargman at YOUR EXPENSE which IS NOT FREE or cheap. The shipping alone is nearly half the cost of a replacement module...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Nice! I have two questions..
Can you feel a difference in stopping power?

What type of tail lights did you replace?

Thanks,
Scott

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna be down in your part of the state in a couple of weeks. Supposed to be at Cajun Palms. Hope the weather stays as nice is it is now.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to get things off the honey do list!
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge