cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold 1201LRIM Stopped working

Snowwing
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold panel lights are off and the internal lights are not working. If I remove the 12 Volts from it then turn it back on and I press the On/Off button it will come on for a few seconds and then go out. No codes - just nothing on the panel. Any Ideas? Is there a way to reset? No breakers are tripped - 12V or 120V

All the recalls have been done.
I thought I would start here on the forum.

It has been working flawlessly since I've owned it and on a trip this weekend. I just got done washing the coach and went in to get a beer and noticed the interior lights were off.

Thanks in advance!
Ron
2005 Journey 36G
6 REPLIES 6

Snowwing
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
I bypassed the recall switch to test the fridge. It worked normally. I made an appointment at my local Winny dealer where they had to do a litmus test (to see if there was an ammonia leak) then reset the recall switch. I now know how to reset it and if I have another problem they can now send me a new switch without going to the dealer. It did however cost me $70. Cheap peace of mind.
Thanks All! Now on to my basement air issue!
Ron
2005 Journey 36G

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Has nothing to do with the outside air temp.

The recall consists of a temp sensor and a control module.
The sensor is installed in upper region of the burner chamber. IF temp exceeds 700*F the control module shuts down all power to fridge.

This is a safety feature to try and prevent fridge (RV) fires

Got to ask yourself:
Did it (recall) goof
OR
Did it sense a high-high temp occurrence and did it's job.

I try and fix/repair/bypass any/all problems when it comes to my rig BUT on this one I would have a certified/bonded RV Tech diagnosis which event happened.....bad box OR high-high temp
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I just had the same problem 3 weeks ago. We got to the campground after driving 5 hours...an hour after we hooked up to power the frig light on the panel went out...frig cooling unit was replaced last March 2012....
I checked the recall box and red light on.....I tried the reset with a magnet, it has to be a strong one, hold it over the area by the red light and move around slowly, it will click and light will go out.

Only do this for a short time though....my red light came back on again...so I bypassed the recall box by connecting the 2 12v wires from it together skipping the box....I know it's not safe for us to do....I kept a close eye on temp....I took it to service and recall box bad.....replaced under warranty from Norcold.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I have read (but haven't needed to try it myself) that you can use a magnet on the recall box to reset it.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Snowwing
Explorer
Explorer
There is a red light on. Is the recall box clamped on to one of the evaporator lines? about 3 inches X 2 inches? if so that's where the red light is. Is there a way to bypass the recall box for testing purposes? I can't imagine we had an overheat . We have been camping in 35 - 60 degree weather.
Thanks
2005 Journey 36G

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Recall done......did you check the recall box?

RED LED light ON?
Recall box has tripped all power........either because box is faulty OR you have had a high-high temp trip and recall box worked.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31