cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside shower!

riley61306
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Alfa see ya 5th wheel. Today I was replacing the city water inlet because the check value was bad....i untwisted the old one and when I let go to turn around to grab the new one, the water line went up into (lord only knows where) and I cannot see it nor reach it to twist the new part on ????????. First off.....why would they have it like that???? And 2nd, how on earth would I get to it now??????
11 REPLIES 11

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
fourthclassC wrote:
If you have to cut a piece out of a panel to access the tubing, there are some spring loaded access panel covers available that don't look too bad.

Might not look so good in the shower wall, though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
If you have to cut a piece out of a panel to access the tubing, there are some spring loaded access panel covers available that don't look too bad.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go at it from inside. Should be easy.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
riley61306 wrote:
Valhalla....thatโ€™s my fear ??
DFord.....heck I might just buy one of those cause it looks cool to have anyway ??

I have one, works great. It works with an app on your phone. I've used it for all kinds of stuff including chasing down plumbing issues. Saves a lot of time and money from not having to put holes in the wall.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

riley61306
Explorer
Explorer
Valhalla....thatโ€™s my fear ??
DFord.....heck I might just buy one of those cause it looks cool to have anyway ??

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
They probably installed it and then installed the interior walls and shower stall.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
If all else fails, I see Amazon has a borescope that projects an image on your cellphone for $20 with a 4.9 rating. At that price and rating, I may have to add one to my toolbox.

https://www.amazon.com/ILIHOME-Endoscope-Semi-Rigid-Inspection-Waterproof/dp/B081ZZS13W
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

riley61306
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ll try in the morning to stick my phone up in the hole a take a pic! I didnโ€™t even think about trying that! Thanks

riley61306
Explorer
Explorer
On the other side of the wall there is an access panel under the pantry but I didnโ€™t see the water line in it. Behind that panel is the shower. It seems like itโ€™s in between that panel and the shower wall with no access to it.. ??

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
If there's enough room, stick your smartphone in the hole and take a picture to see if you can locate the pipe.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Is there any kind of panel on the inside of the RV that you can remove to access the connection? Often it just blends in but has a few screws holding a hidden "door" someplace. Or maybe it's behind something - whats on the other side of the wall?