Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

popping sounds from leveling jacks

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing happening.
Mh is parked with the jacks down on gravel or dirt.
And we keep hearing a pop.
Thanks all
10 REPLIES 10

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks.
our jacks are down for a few days at a time.
tho later it will be for a month

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
HWH Maintenance Pub ML47149

Cleaning the jack and jack rod.

Basic cleaning of the complete jack assembly is accomplished with the use of soap and water. Spaying the jacks with a spray wand at a car wash would be acceptable.

The only time a jack rod would need cleaning is if the jack has been extended for a period of time. The jack should not be extended just to clean the rod.

If the jack is extended, use soap and water or WD-40 on the jack rod then wipe the rod dry with a clean cloth.

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got current unit in June and the jacks popped and popped. Remembered reading on this forum about that and some suggestions. I used silicone spray and made sure all the extended part of the jacks was sprayed then checked the hydraulic fluid level (about 1/4 down from full)... filled that with suggested fluid and THEN brought the jacks up/down a couple of times. Last time down put on lynx levelers (one each jack) and no more popping noises. Something out of that worked..

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
I have had that happen at night when the rear jacks were extended a lot because the rear was pretty low. I stopped it by adding some leggo blocks under the jacks to reduce the extension.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks all

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Replace the Dexron III with synthetic fluid. Works better in cold weather.
And the popping will stop.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

cochise49
Explorer
Explorer
I hear pops and snaps in our rig parked on the concrete driveway. I think cold air out vs warm air in may have something to do with it. We use the RV as extra living space while at our houses. We hear similar noises in our 40 year old house in Northern Nevada. Wakes me up. If the rig drops suddenly you would know it was a problem. If it is just noises, I wouldn't sweat it.
Bev& Keith
2014 Winnebago Adventurer 38Q
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard what might be considered a popping noise on several occasions. Haven't for awhile, so can't remember if it is from current motorhome or previous one. Anyway, I always thought it was just a jack spring settling, or something like that. Never figured it out. It almost sounded like a twang or boing.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rocks being crushed
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31