cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question About WG Pro Sensor

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know if the Pro Sensor uses DC current all the time ?
It has no off/on switch like the older power supply panel does.
The digital display times out, but I don't know how the power supply
could turn off.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.
7 REPLIES 7

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Re-reading this. The Sensar PRO sends power to the antenna unless you select CABLE. if you select CABLE then the sensar pro is basically OFF or as OFF as it gets.

The SensarPro goes into SLEEP mode after 3 minutes of no activation but is still drawing a minimal amount of power regardless of any mode it may be in so that when any button is later pushed it instantly activates. If you want draw to be zero then installing a kill switch in the +12 vdc feed to the SensarPro is the answer.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Re-reading this. The Sensar PRO sends power to the antenna unless you select CABLE. if you select CABLE then the sensar pro is basically OFF or as OFF as it gets . I'm not sure how OFF that is since it is a push button not a toggle.

But it sends power to the roof so if you have ANT selected (Any mode other than cable) it is using power.. But then if you go back to ye old wall plate.. Same thing.

You mite have something there...... switching to cable, didn't think of that.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Re-reading this. The Sensar PRO sends power to the antenna unless you select CABLE. if you select CABLE then the sensar pro is basically OFF or as OFF as it gets . I'm not sure how OFF that is since it is a push button not a toggle.

But it sends power to the roof so if you have ANT selected (Any mode other than cable) it is using power.. But then if you go back to ye old wall plate.. Same thing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Me too. I like my 0.000000 kWh consumption per decade for television watching ๐Ÿ™‚

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Being a 100% dry camper, any bit of power consumption is always a concern.
Of course a switch can be installed,.....so I guess my question should have been, why isn't there a switch ? I doubt that the power supply can sense "no activity", and therefore does not shut down.
So maybe my question should be,....how much power does the power supply draw ?
I can't find the specs on it, but it seems like the standard panel ones draw near 1 amp. I don't know why winegard did not leave the red lite and switch on the sensor pro, except for saving a dollar ??
Rich

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like that Sensar PRO.. makes a big difference in the amount of TV I can watch ๐Ÿ™‚
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
Anyone know if the Pro Sensor uses DC current all the time ?

Yes, but the SensarPro does go to sleep so power draw is minimal. If this is a concern for you just install a kill switch of your own, just as I did.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380