cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator Fan

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience with this fan?
Refrigerator Fan
After reading other posts I was thinking this may make the cool down time faster but I was wondering about this type of fan. Please let me know if you have tried this or have other suggestions. Thank you.
21 REPLIES 21

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
I installed one on my fins in a 18 year old Norcold 682IM model. It does not make the refer cooler, it evenly distributes the cold air inside and reduces the frost build up on the fins where it is attached. I only turn it one when it is hot or humid.

Correct, it doesn't make it cool better but it makes the temperature uniform throughout the refrigerator. The door is usually the warmest area without a fan.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Keeps fins clear and distributes air which helps keep fridge cooler -- it's inexpensive and works - buy it.
Kevin

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I installed one on my fins in a 18 year old Norcold 682IM model. It does not make the refer cooler, it evenly distributes the cold air inside and reduces the frost build up on the fins where it is attached. I only turn it one when it is hot or humid.

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
I am very impressed with the ability of my fridg fan to maintain a constant temp in the fridg...and I no longer have to run it at 6 or 7...or higher. Fridg is a constant 34-38 running on a 5.
I used the other seller on ebay and was very impressed with the quality of the product...shut off switch, in line fuse and sufficient wire to run down the drain tube and connect at a power supply. Connectors even included!
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have two of them installed on the fins in our Norcold 8cf fridge. One set was fine for air circulation and temp control, but two sets keep the frost on the fins cleared better. In the four years we've used them, I've replaced one failed fan with a similar one I found on Amazon. I also added wire grills to all eight fans, also found on Amazon.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I have one of those in my frige. in my frige the thing will clip into the bottom shelf with the fans on the bottom blowing upward. Whatever is stored in the frige does not seem to make a difference on its efficiency.

BTW That fan probably has bushing type bearings, so if it gets noisy you can peel the cover on the bearing, oil it, recover and it will run like a top- - at least mine did.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 of them in my 12cf. One is sufficient in an 8cf or less. The fans have a very low current draw and are relatively quiet. After sitting all Winter, the first fan that was purchased early last year decided that one of its fans did not want to start up. I gave the blade a spin and it went to work, but it is noisy now. For the price, I can't really complain especially since that fan ran 24/7 for about 5 months last year.

Without the fans, on the highest setting (9) my fridge would struggle to maintain much less than 38-40* in the heat of the Summer. Now with the 2 fans and the fridge set to #7, it will maintain 33-35* with no problem. The fans also prevent ice buildup on the coils. Ice buildup probably isn't a problem in places like Arizona, but here on the swampy climate of the East Coast, it can be a big problem.

By the way, that ebay seller is good to deal with. I had 2 separate transactions with them and both times the fan arrived in less than 2 days.
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog