cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refrigerator replacement on Phaeton 2006

dave_thompson
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 phaeton on my 2nd NorCold fridge, and done with it, going to replace with household. Does anyone know what will fit in the cabinet, what brand anyone has used. Having problems finding the top to bottom length to fit. looks like i have about 62 inches, with 4 to cut at top, any suggestions?? Thanks so much Dave Thompson
5 REPLIES 5

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a Whirlpool Model WRS342FIA 22ft side by side installed in our Phaeton and it's great! You will need a PSW Inverter to run it. It came in through the DS front slide window.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest that you post over on the Tiffin Forum:
Tiffin Forum
Many have replaced their Norcold type fridge and know exactly which model you should buy and what's involved in the change over.
Sounds like it's not a big job and the residential fridge is even lighter than the RV fridge. I seem to recall that someone was able to get one in by doing some disassembling before going in or out.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
The answer is it depends.

Unfortunately this forum is NOT the most "friendly" with the idea of retiring the old fire breathing fridges..

According to a different forum HERE MANY have had a lot of success with using a Samsung RF197 to replace their double door Nocolds.

Depending on the size of your fridge there are what is known as apartment size fridges. These are typically 9 cu ft- 13 cu ft size which often can be fit into the existing space with some modifications. I used a 10 cu ft Haier brand fridge in mine and you can find Magic Chef and a couple of other brand names which are the same size.

Keep in mind most home fridges are typically a couple of inches deeper than RV fridges so you may need to build out the cabinet a bit.

SuperDutyFiver
Explorer
Explorer
I looked online a while ago to prepare for the inevitable(and in case my Dad calls with the issue...I recall needed to find a 'shorter' one if I didn't want to lose the fivers cabinets above-most coaches seem to have the French door setup with bottom freezer now-and many aren't real tall.

Getting the fridge in the door and not having to take out the windshield is the biggest deal I think.

EDIT: Wasn't there an optional electric fridge in the phaeton-what was it? Is there a cabinet below you can abandon? I think you'll need to do that anyhow if there is. I'm thinking Samsung and or LG
36' Carriage Carri-Lite 35rl3
PSD 4x4 Custom Tow Vehicle-the 550
PSD 4X4 2017 CC short box
PSD 4x4 SUV-the X

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 fridges in our camper we use the small electric on for sodas and other drinks and food in the camper one we have also talked about switching it out for an electric one. but we have been running haier brand we have 2 of them and they have run for several years being shut off every winter.
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon