cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement 1.2 cu ft microwave oven

jerryspoolman
Explorer
Explorer
The key pad on my 2004 Samsung over the range microwave quit working on almost all buttons and the part is no longer available.
I thought I could simply replace the microwave oven. But I cannot find an Over the Range model that will fit in the existing cabinetry. A majority of the older RVs have a 3 burner range that is only 22 inches wide and have microwave ovens that are about 23" wide.
Most "Over the Range models" are for use over a 30" range..

Camping World's Dometic Convection Microwave with Black Trim Kit will fit. [COLOR=]But I would lose the over the range light and vent fan and require building a cabinet to house the oven

I am sure I am not the first person to experience this problem! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..
Just Jerry and Vangie
7 REPLIES 7

MrWizard
moved from technology corner
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I replaced my microwave with a counter top type not the over the range type. It fit the space over the range well.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
one that may work and works quite well are the smaller panasonic true inverter microwaves. the small dorm sized one was within an inch of the size of the original microwave and narrower than the cabinet. old microwave trim kit worked well on it.
And since it varies magnetron power rather than cycling on and off when not in full power mode, generators like it better, heats better, and you can run it off a 1000W sine wave inverter at about 50 percent power.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
I would give you mine as I see it's only use as a bread box. However, if I did that my wife would only allow me to sleep under the TT, I would hope!

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our 2004 Samsung microwave with this new microwave. It will fit in very nice.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Do a google search on the model #. I can still find a OEM replacement for my 1999 MH
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked at the big box stores?