Save energy!

25 percent energy savings!
Lou
17 REPLIES 17

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
JamesJudasPriest wrote:
This is great. Who would actually buy this junk?

I used to wonder who would buy the stories of Prince Abdul. I'm getting variants of this every week, and used to answer: "this is getting old, please come up with something new".

Then realized that they are mailing thousands of this to random addresses, and it's better to delete, without revealing that my address is live. They harvest live addresses and resell it to another guy in this food chain of bottom feeders - probably somewhere in Africa or Romania, judging by their English proficiency. In the end, there will be one 1diot in a million that will buy. Others might still get hurt by playing if they reveal their location, name hidden in email coding, and some other details.

These "energy wipes" might get you a box of wipes for your $10, and then you'll get hit with $$$ credit card charges later. Or - you'll get nothing after you've paid. Or - nothing and then $$$ hit on credit card. They are scammers, doesn't matter what kind.

JamesJudasPries
Explorer
Explorer
LOL energy consumption "units."

This is great. Who would actually buy this junk?

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
... My name is Prince Abdul el Socketuem ....
Priceless
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
With the greatest of respect to interrupt your lifestyle, allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Prince Abdul el Socketuem of The Central African Republic. My grandfather, Emperor Haille Holydogdu died suddenly while trying to row a barge load of purified plutonium across lake Crocsbesnatenus. The plutonium must be removed before Islamic terrorists seize it and grind it up and export it in toothpaste tubes. I can mail the precious metal to you in small packages but I have limited funds for postage...

Ridiculous scams have bilked American elderly out of tens of millions of dollars leaving them penniless. Well, you can't cure stupid but you sure can spend a few minutes and call the US TRADE COMISSION. Will someone do this? No. Because it's a lark to titter about. Entertainment. A novelty to be chewed then spit.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
With the greatest of respect to interrupt your lifestyle, allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Prince Abdul el Socketuem of The Central African Republic. My grandfather, Emperor Haille Holydogdu died suddenly while trying to row a barge load of purified plutonium across lake Crocbesnatus. The plutonium must be removed before Islamic terrorists seize it and grind it up and export it in toothpaste tubes. I can mail the precious metal to you in small packages but I have limited funds for postage...

Ridiculous scams have bilked American elderly out of tens of millions of dollars leaving them penniless. Well, you can't cure stupid but you sure can spend a few minutes and call the US TRADE COMISSION. Will someone do this? No. Because it's a lark to titter about. Entertainment. A novelty to be chewed then spit.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Domain Name: ZENERGEIA.SG
Registrant Org: ECO-NANO TECHNOLOGY PRIVATE LIMITED is associated with ~2 other domains
IP Location: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur -

nuff said. :R
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I visited the page and got a distint feeling of Herpetology (the study of among other things... Snakes) Yup it Aligns the electrons and lubricates them with genuine snake oil near as i can tell.

I mean ... Well this is the field I studied ok,, And to me it was funny.. Sadly there are suckers born every minute who will swear to how good this stuff is.

NOTE there is one "Gimick" that does actually work (power factor controllers) but they do not work on DC
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Another purple unicorn in search of a gov't subsidy...

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what to say. That's the most ridiculous scam I've ever seen. Those people should be in jail. What a joke.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Fred, what"solar".... They are selling a wipe for switch box. A bit late for the April 1st, eh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh wow, that's even worse than what I thought it was!
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fred, what"solar".... They are selling a wipe for switch box. A bit late for the April 1st, eh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I clicked on Our Products. On the next page the title of the videos were: "Following on, carefully do the same switches area, ensure you do not trip the switches by accident"

And: "Once that is done, proceed to coat on the switches"

That was enough for me, to stop.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Solar panels are a great idea, especially on RV's. But to say it will cut your electric bill by 30%, how can that happen?

A typical RV will consume 35 amp hours a day just to run the gas refrigerator controls, the CO and propane detectors. So that will not change regardless of how much energy you say by installing LED lights. It will only help someone who had been running a lot of old lights, and used say 100 Ah daily in lights, and now has that reduced to only 25 AH, but still total load would have gone from 135 AH to 60 AH, barely a reduction at all.

As for home solar systems, they can save a lot of money on your electric bill, especially if there is a higher cost for going over 1,000 KW per month, and they might charge $0.22 per KW over that limit.

For a RV, you can buy a 140 watt panel here for about $250. SunElec.com

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am getting about 6 daily phone calls from solar panels solicitors, now this.